Autoblog: Paris Preview: Lamborghini teases new mystery car

Well I'm assuming. I mean, an RS6 weighs almost 2.1tonne. This new Lambo is a 4 door sedan? Which will probably weigh 1700-1900kgs depending on how much kit it has and what materials etc are used. Say it's 1800kgs, that's still 300kgs lighter than the RS6, and with the same engine, power and torque as the RS6 it would be pretty impressive performance wise.

But right when Lamborghini starts to lose it's Audi image, using an engine straight out of an Audi is hardly the best idea.

I think a TTV8 would be the way to go for this car. V10s are magical, but the TTV8 just fits this car better IMO.

_24i0003.jpg

_24i0009.jpg

_24i0008.jpg

I love it.

Wow.

That's all that can be said. And props to Lambo for keeping this as a a total secret until it was unveiled. That really was something, to see a car developed in this modern world without anyone outside the factory knowing about it.

^ just what I was thinking, none of us saw any spy shots or anything.

I guess that means they skipped the Ring testing :lol:

I think the 6.5L LP640 engine tuned for more torque would work great in this car.

I don't think the buttons are gonna look like that when you get into the production car, mostly because they're definitely gonna be back-lit. ;)

If you imagine the indentations glowing red, you can see what Lambo were going for.

Wow.

That's all that can be said. And props to Lambo for keeping this as a a total secret until it was unveiled. That really was something, to see a car developed in this modern world without anyone outside the factory knowing about it.

^ just what I was thinking, none of us saw any spy shots or anything.

I guess that means they skipped the Ring testing :lol:

It's just a concept at this point, the car probably doesn't even have an engine in it. Plus based on the interior it looks like they kind of rushed it for the show.

I think a TTV8 would be the way to go for this car. V10s are magical, but the TTV8 just fits this car better IMO.
Yes, that should be easily available, considering that Porsche happens to have an excellent one they could probably use. In it's currently most powerful application, the twin turbo V8 from the Cayenne Turbo S puts out 550 hp and 553 lb/ft of torque. It will be both lighter and more compact than a V10 or a V12, and could easily make as much power.

This new Lamborghini will probably also use the chassis from the new Panamera as well, which means it will be very good.

Nope, I still think it looks as if its built by a kit car company. If Hyundai made something like that, everyone would be waving their arms around and complaining about the overwhelming prescence of grey and nasty looking plastics.

Nope, I still think it looks as if its built by a kit car company. If Hyundai made something like that, everyone would be waving their arms around and complaining about the overwhelming prescence of grey and nasty looking plastics.

I agree... colour aside, that looks very cheaply made.

It can't be anything other than a very, very early concept, because the interior is horrible in every way possible.

Have they announced when the Estoque will come to production?