Autoblog: Paris Preview: Lamborghini teases new mystery car

That car is the zomg. Yes I just invented that by combining "zomg" and "the".

This car looks like the guy that designed it had been locked up for hte last 20 years and so hadn't seen any trends in car design since then. There has been zero attention paid to what everyone else is doing, styling wise.

And that's fan-fucking-tastic. This is like the Aston Lagonda, or the BMW 8 series. It's maybe not pretty on its own, but its boldness, and the way it hasn't been affected by car design trends make it look fantastic.

There is no true midengined car. It would have to be right in between the axles. There are front-mid engined and rear-mid engined cars.

Exactly. One could call a Bugatti Veyron a rear-engined Porsche otherwise.

The FMR and RMR, then FMAWD, RMAWD, RRAWD, RR, FRRR, MEOW...

that back looks a TINY bit like the new camaro where the roofline reachs the trunk. and we need models like that here

TopGear.com said:
(Incidentally, the name Estoque, pronounced 'Es-tock-eh', is the sword which a matador uses to finish off a bull in the ring.)

The American in me won't allow me to pronounce it properly. It kinda sounds like "it's tacky".

I don't like the direction they're going... :( Too many angles and straight lines. Where are the curves, damn it?

curves are for old-ass fatcats who go to classic car rallys. wecome to the future!:w00t:

_24i0003.jpg

Okay, I like angular looking Lambo design as much as the next man, but this interior is seriously ridiculous. That steering wheel looks like an elephant's backside...

The steering wheel is awesome, it's just the color that's wrong. That looks like the same shade of gray found in most ultra-cheap subcompacts.

Nice car can't wait to hear what it is capable of (top speed, acceleration) one thing is certain though it will no be cheap. :p

Nice car can't wait to hear what it is capable of (top speed, acceleration) one thing is certain though it will no be cheap. :p

That's actually an interesting point... Lamborghini will have to throw a shit load of engineering / power at it, to make it actually better than the M5, let alone that much better to justify the 100% markup it surely will have.

That's actually an interesting point... Lamborghini will have to throw a shit load of engineering / power at it, to make it actually better than the M5, let alone that much better to justify the 100% markup it surely will have.

Won't they probably just put the V10TT from the RS6 into it? Maybe a revised camshaft and a new tune, maybe push 600hp or so?

I doubt that would be enough for the Lamborghini brand and price. Consider that the Audi RS6 doesn't really perform any better than the M5 (worse if anything, excepting a straight line), the Lambo would need more sophistication than a cam upgrade to deserve the name lambo.

I doubt that would be enough for the Lamborghini brand and price. Consider that the Audi RS6 doesn't really perform any better than the M5 (worse if anything, excepting a straight line), the Lambo would need more sophistication than a cam upgrade to deserve the name lambo.

Hmmm. Well the new Lambo will be a hell of a lot lighter than an RS6 (circa 400-500kgs) So it kinda makes sense to use an engine already available. But who knows.

Hmmm. Well the new Lambo will be a hell of a lot lighter than an RS6 (circa 400-500kgs) So it kinda makes sense to use an engine already available. But who knows.

Oh will it? That sounds cool, I haven't really read any specs on it, just seen the pics.

Oh will it? That sounds cool, I haven't really read any specs on it, just seen the pics.

Well I'm assuming. I mean, an RS6 weighs almost 2.1tonne. This new Lambo is a 4 door sedan? Which will probably weigh 1700-1900kgs depending on how much kit it has and what materials etc are used. Say it's 1800kgs, that's still 300kgs lighter than the RS6, and with the same engine, power and torque as the RS6 it would be pretty impressive performance wise.