• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

autocross

M5Rangerover

i did my first autocross today at the local RCAF base on the runway. it was so fucking fun! suprisingly my little car managed to somewhat keep up with the porsches (best lap 1:28) I can't wait until the next one... i'll take some pics then (if i can find my digicam)

i also got a demo ride in a 996 C4S --- :twisted: so fast

there was also a 996 turbo there that this guy spent about $300,000 cdn on -- he estimates it makes 640hp :shock: it was so fucking fast

does anybody else here autocross? any tips for a noob driver like me?

CanadianLoonie said:
Now if only I can out where I can do this in Vancouver...

There are autocrosses all the time in Vancouver! :shock: ... :?
The most popular autocross track is out at Bounday Bay airport in Delta.

Little light cars are the best for autocross. I was autocrossing 4 times this year (also a noob), and it looks like you definitely don't need HP-monster to win. There were mainly Porsche cars, and winner was driving old ford fiesta (build for auto-x). It outrun GT3 by 1 or 2 sec. Heavy Aston V8 didn't look all that good at all. I was actually faster with my much lighter and much less powerfull 944.

zenon said:
CanadianLoonie said:
Now if only I can out where I can do this in Vancouver...

There are autocrosses all the time in Vancouver! :shock: ... :?
The most popular autocross track is out at Bounday Bay airport in Delta.

I didn't know that...

2 bone
That's an autocross? :shock:
I thought it's pretty harmless cruising around the cones on the big parking place :)

not over here :wink:

and cruising around cones...all the cars you see here are fucking FWD TDI's. not much fun about those cars, so those events wouldn't have any succes :(