Automotive assembly line equipment

Ice_warmer

There is a site that sells the equipment of some chrysler assembly line.

Some of you may find this boring, but i must say, i was very interested in what kind of equipments is used, although the pics do not come with any description.

IMG_4974.jpg

4%20(2).jpg

52.jpg

46.jpg

Boring indeed. It's just shelves and two milling machines. :?

Yeah, storage shelves and a couple of drill presses? Come on, you're trying to sell me into clicking that link, do better than that! :p

Why didnt you link the robots? :p

yeah, forgot to mention THIS link contains many other pictures.

and the empty storage shelves seemed interesting for the simple reason of the huge stock of parts needed for constant production.

IMG_5031.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

26.jpg

36.jpg

IMG_5001.jpg

IMG_5046.jpg

1%20(2).jpg

26.jpg

What's interesting (and indicative of UAW-infested facilities) is that those Bridgeport milling machines look nearly unused and more importantly have never been upgraded to automatic controls, a nearly ubiquitous upgrade.

And they're decades old.

This just screams 'Killer robot' with the fence, the black drips (dried blood?) and its 'name' on the front. Stand well back before it pulls your eyes out!

Teheee a Kuka robot. Woudnt want those to kuka ur... hehehee (kuk = penis, kuka ur = fuck up) ;)
I bet that robot acted like it wasnt doing anything when the photo was taken and then when the photographer had left it went back to playing ping pong
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O4FrRujlII[/YOUTUBE]

Am I the only one disturbed by the presence of tools whose only conceivable use is to either produce or modify parts one at a time (AND BY HAND IN SOME CASES) in what appears to be an assembly plant?

Those were intended to be used to make parts to repair machinery and tooling around the plant when it broke. Obviously, they saw little use, as UAW members would simply go home on full pay rather than wait for a machine to be fixed.

That makes more sense - and now that I think about it damn near every mechanized facility of any description I've been in has a dirty-assed corner with a disorganized heap of spare parts and milling equipment for that.