Automotive authority, PETA, weighs in on Mazda "spider recall"

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
For those of you who don't know, Mazda issued a recall for some cars because the evap tube is the ideal home for some worthless spider that crawls in and clogs up your nice ride.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/08/peta-recommends-solving-your-mazdas-spider-problems-by-donat/

People For the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is offering a unique ? if unlikely ? solution to 2009-2010 Mazda6 owners who have felt the bite of the company's recall to chase away gas-loving spiders. They want you to donate your ride to them. The animal-rights group is soliciting donations from any of the 52,000 affected Mazda customers who would rather see the spiders saved than murdered at the hands of mechanics.

Once they've chased the itsy-bitsy spiders from the car's evap pipe, PETA says they'll use the donated Mazda sedans to champion their cause. PETA says that this won't be the first time they've received cars from animal loving donors: a PETA member who was terrified of mice once donated a brand-new Jeep to the organization after she found a mouse living in it. The mouse was saved, just as the spiders will be.

Yup, donate your nice new Mazda to PETA and they will ensure that the poor spiders are kept nice and safe.

So in honor of PETA:
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2011/03/08/facepalm_jim_76437.jpg

Yellow sac spiders cause nasty bites, akin to a milder version of a brown recluse and can cause quite a bit of skin damage.

Fuck them.

I fucking hate PETA with a passion. I have never read and seen such ignorant bullshit from a group of people defending anything, and once I saw a group of people trying to defend a building that was almost collapsing on their heads.

Meh, PETA is trying to jump on the PR bandwagon.

Well, my car doesn't have a spider problem, but I have a fart that I've just released into the wild that I'm deeply worried about. It's a nasty one that could do some real damage to your nostrils if you got too close--not unlike the bite of a certain poisonous spider. I'm afraid my neighbors will just see it as a nuisance and try to waft my innocent toxic cloud of flatulence away.

What say I bottle that up and mail it to them instead?

I have something simple to say about this.

/cracks knuckles

Here we go.....

FUCK PETA

Thank you.

Just don't call him a monkey.

Why yes PETA, everyone will just give you their shiny new Mazda6
http://img571.imageshack.**/img571/4054/impliedfacepalmk.jpg

This is like when they were bitching about that time Obama smacked a fly on camera... hopefully stuff like this is driving more and more people not to take them seriously.

Oh, and just in case anyone from PETA reads this, there was a daddy long legs on the wall behind my monitor that I was being too lazy to reach back there and squish, but just for you, I've just done it.

PETA can have a cute kitten from me instead.

funny-pictures-cat-loled.jpg

a PETA member who was terrified of mice once donated a brand-new Jeep to the organization after she found a mouse living in it.
Excuse me but I was pretty sure this only happened in movies from the 1950's. Women jumping up on stools to escape, a dashing man saves the day, romance ensues. If there really are such people, my faith in humanity is now lower than before. What kind of woman is afraid of a mouse anyway? A mouse is an adorable creature. If she found a crocodile, a rhino or a dragon in her car, that would be cause for some alarm.

Last edited:
OK, time to start a viral campaign to see how many people we can get to catch a spider, put it in a matchbox and mail it to PETA HQ.

Extra points will be awarded for mailing venomous spiders, and of course for every PETA member who gets hospitalised for anything from an anxiety attack due to arachnophobia to treatment with anti-venin.

Once they've had enough of spiders we can ramp it up to slugs.