Automotive authority, PETA, weighs in on Mazda "spider recall"

Reading this has actualy made my fysically nauseous, so either I'm pregnant or those PETA idiots have reached a new level in moronicy.

Excuse me but I was pretty sure this only happened in movies from the 1950's. Women jumping up on stools to escape, a dashing man saves the day, romance ensues. If there really are such people, my faith in humanity is now lower than before. What kind of woman is afraid of a mouse anyway? A mouse is an adorable creature. If she found a crocodile, a rhino or a dragon in her car, that would be cause for some alarm.

I think mice are cute.

When I found one in my car however, I had much less friendly feelings to it and wanted all the mice minced. :| Fuck you, you wire eating bastard. You cost me hundreds of dollars of damage, I hope you got squashed.

Also I believe some investigators found that PETA kills 90% of the animals donated to them, so the spiders are much safer if they aren't in their hands.

If you think about it...PETA are absolutely genius! They have come up with the perfect scam.

Let's somebody does donate their brand new Mazda 6 with spiders in the fuel tank. PETA will take the car, remove the gas tank and save the spiders. Then they will get a brand new gas tank, spray it with some crap that repels spiders and voila - they now own a perfectly good Mazda 6 and they only paid for a gas tank.

Brilliant. Let's see who falls for it.

I know a girl that will get scared like that with mice or rats. I told her it's mostly harmless but she has this unexplainable terror of them.
Mice are cute and fluffy when they're bred as pets, although when left to their own devices they're filthy disease wagons... But so are most animals in the wild.
I think the bad rep mice get is because they reproduce fast and efficiently so they're everywhere... specially on those places where we want them the least (kitchens, fridges, warm places like our cars or behind our domestic appliances).

I used to work tech support for Kodak Digital Kiosk machines and once a fellow agent got a call from a disgusted sounding woman saying there was a mouse in the machine
"Of course, ma'am, all our kiosks ship out with a mouse and keyboard"
-No, no, there's a frikken dead mouse trapped in the wires inside the machine...

Had to send a technician to clear that out. Poor guy.

If you think about it...PETA are absolutely genius! They have come up with the perfect scam.

Let's somebody does donate their brand new Mazda 6 with spiders in the fuel tank. PETA will take the car, remove the gas tank and save the spiders. Then they will get a brand new gas tank, spray it with some crap that repels spiders and voila - they now own a perfectly good Mazda 6 and they only paid for a gas tank.

Brilliant. Let's see who falls for it.

BRB joining PETA and filling Zondas with spiders.

Spiders are probably not enough actually... I will fill them with rabid skunks.

Yeah, if they're planning on actually keeping the cars after de-spidering them they're fucking crazy.

I seriously support the well being of animals and many kinds of bugs and stuff but fuck PETA alltogether. why would they try this?

That's it, I'm starting an animal welfare foundation. Redbull's Animal Protection Entity. I'm becoming increasingly concerned about the health and safety of car dwelling spiders, flies, insects, etc so give me your cars and I can take proper care of them. Ferrari owners especially welcome. Enquiries by PM :).

Reactions: MWF
katwalk! Think of the poor Zondas! :(

Excuse me but I was pretty sure this only happened in movies from the 1950's. Women jumping up on stools to escape, a dashing man saves the day, romance ensues. If there really are such people, my faith in humanity is now lower than before. What kind of woman is afraid of a mouse anyway? A mouse is an adorable creature. If she found a crocodile, a rhino or a dragon in her car, that would be cause for some alarm.
I don't know--mousies tend to be only cute and awwwww in the pet store.

I found a full-on rat in my dorm room in college. I didn't want to have it poop on me, TBH. My suitemate was a shrieky mess, but I just calmly waited for it to wander into the bathroom and shut the door. Then I called maintenance to deal with it and clean up the poopz.

Ugly little varmint. May he dine on stinky cheese in hell for peeing on my things!

Last edited:
That's it, I'm starting an animal welfare foundation. Redbull's Animal Protection Entity. I'm becoming increasingly concerned about the health and safety of car dwelling spiders, flies, insects, etc so give me your cars and I can take proper care of them. Ferrari owners especially welcome. Enquiries by PM :).

I hope that was intentional.

Save the spiders? Why? Haven't PETA heard of the food chain? Fly -> Spider -> Accredited Mazda Mechanic .... it's the order of nature :)

PETA = People Expounding Total Absurdity

Curious - where in the recall does it state the spiders will be killed? That's left up to the mechanics, but then, here I am trying to apply logic to PETA.

katwalk! Think of the poor Zondas! :(

Like you wouldn't drive a smelly zonda. Drive fast until smell blows away, or wear a gas mask. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Our cat brought me a rat, once, with the rat fully intact. It appeared to be unconscious. I assumed the cat had thrown it and broken its neck, as cats are wont to do. I picked it up by the tail, planning to throw it in the backyard. The cat was allowed in the backyard, and this way he could eat it without it getting all over inside. He killed it, he deserves the treat, right? Well, as I'm walking down the stairs, the rat starts trying to climb its tail. I shriek, briefly, then decide the rat needs to be thrown, hard, out the front door. Hopefully a good hard landing will hurt it badly (or kill it), and if not, at least it'll be away from the house and can go bother a neighbor, instead.

I'm not generally scared of mice/rats, but when something you thought was dead starts moving, it's a bit of a shock.

We have rats that sometimes get into our backyard to get at the bird feeders.

I've become a damn fine shot with the pellet gun.

i'm surprised peta aren't targeting people who drove long distances in order to protect insects from becoming messy emblems on the front of cars.

Wait, they don't return the car after the de-spidering?

What was before almost a positive ad campaign is now just ridiculous.