Automotive sociolgy: characteristics based on country of origin

I did, Mr. Hawking. And every other one after that. And guess what? jetsetter's going to defend American cars until death, BCS is going to come along and call everybody a fuckstick or some other creative use of the word "fuck", a bunch of random people are going to keep spouting boring cliches, and this thread is going to get 10 pages of bile and furor until swek locks it with a quick one-liner and we all go off to twiddling our thumbs and speculating about new BMWs. Maybe we'll post some cats or something.

... and tomorrow we shall have fun again with another topic like this. :lol:

Just wanna add to topic. I don't think all Japanese cars are boring/useless. One more thing, I think that cars made by European car manufacturers are getting WAY too expensive. Bye.

I did, Mr. Hawking. And every other one after that. And guess what? jetsetter's going to defend American cars until death, BCS is going to come along and call everybody a fuckstick or some other creative use of the word "fuck", a bunch of random people are going to keep spouting boring cliches, and this thread is going to get 10 pages of bile and furor until swek locks it with a quick one-liner and we all go off to twiddling our thumbs and speculating about new BMWs. Maybe we'll post some cats or something.

hahaha he's so right:clap:

No he isn't. I'm afraid he forgot to mention that he's usually one of the fist who steers a thread into lockworthy territory with his: OMG BBQ LIEFSPRINK !!1111!!!; XYZ will happen to this thread antics.

Look at this thread. It was perfectly fine until BlaRo stormed in.

You sir are a flamer in disguise.

It is the other way around.
No, the Opel/Vauxhall came first, but since Opel/Vauxhall are divisions of GM just like Pontiac, and saturn are, it doesn't really matter.

And another thing, the reason Brits and Europeans think American cars are crap, is because the American cars they get (Apart from the European made American cars from Ford, Opel, Vauxhall, and various other American owned brands) cost twice as much there as they do here. In America you can buy a Mustang GT for what a 1.6l Opel Astra, or a stripper Mondeo costs in the UK!

No he isn't. I'm afraid he forgot to mention that he's usually one of the fist who steers a thread into lockworthy territory with his: OMG BBQ LIEFSPRINK !!1111!!!; XYZ will happen to this thread antics.

Thank you, that was my point. It doesn't even have anything remotely to do with bashing american cars.

and does the rest of the world really care about French cars?

About 5.6 million people a year a year, without counting all the Nissans and Infinitis if we go along your logic (3.6 million).

No, the Opel/Vauxhall came first, but since Opel/Vauxhall are divisions of GM just like Pontiac, and saturn are, it doesn't really matter.

No it didn't...the Opel GT is not even out yet, it comes out in a few months. Considering I had the Sky for almost a year and they were out last spring. Also the concept for the Sky was out b/f the GT.

worthy of quoting

We can get a set in even with the roof down.

http://img117.imageshack.**/img117/3614/0606x2007saturnskytrunkyg9.jpg

actually it looks like there is just enough space for a set of golf clubs. It looks so much smaller in real life

Oh, for fuck's sake.

It's just me, huh? It's always my fault, storming in here and tarnishing this lovely thread of automotive bias? I'm sure I interrupted a perfectly worthy discussion with my meaningless opinion of what this thread really was. Here comes BlaRo again, fucking up another innocent thread. I don't see how my comments here are any worse than other members', but myself trying to point out the silliness of automotive bias is clearly less worthy than any other comments. I haven't done anything particularly out of line than anyone else, but it always looks like I bear the brunt of swek's German fury...

Admit it already; you've had a vendetta against me since the day I joined here, and for what reason in particular? Am I more or less flameworthy than any other member? You still seem to be infatuated with that thread, more or less, and I already explained my motives for that. Honestly, if Internet bullying is your thing then I'm sorry that somebody made you a mod in the first place, seeing as you're clearly not fit for the job if you're going to flame me like that. The omgleafsprings was and has always been a joke, and if you're too egotistical and dense to realize that then once again, you shouldn't be making me look bad here.

I've had respect for you in the past, both before and after you got your mod status. You've done nothing but attack me over and over again. Go ahead, ban me if you can, I've pissed away too much of my life at this board already, and for what? So the old guard can gang up and ignore me completely? If you have anything better to say, fellow Internet warrior, then you know where the PM button is.

Sorry for dragging this OT, but I was compelled to defend myself. I'll be waiting your response.

Last edited:
Ok, everybody, I apologize for what I've said in this thread.

Carry on!

The article basically contradicts what he says... so I would assume wrong.

What?

R?SSELSHEIM, Germany ? Opel will introduce its new GT sports-car prototype at the Geneva Motor Show. Reportedly this will be the European version of the Pontiac Solstice /Saturn Sky.

The Sky and the Solstice are already out and have been out for months. It is just now that the European version is coming. I am right.

As you can see the Kappa platform uses parts from GM American.

The Kappa architecture uses major components from nearly every GM division and modern platform:

The rear axle and differential are from the Sigma-based Cadillac CTS
The Solstice's interior storage bin is from the Y-body Cadillac XLR
The passenger-side airbag, steering column, and exterior and interior door handles are from the Delta-based Chevrolet Cobalt
The backup lights are from the GMT360 GMC Envoy
The heating, ventilating, and air conditioning modules are from the Hummer H3
The front fog lamp assembly is from the W-body Pontiac Grand Prix
The steering wheel is from the Theta-based Pontiac Torrent
The 2.4 L Ecotec engine is shared with the Delta-based Saturn Ion, Pontiac G6, Chevrolet Cobalt, and Chevrolet HHR
The five-speed manual transmission is from the Hummer H3, GMC Canyon, and Chevrolet Colorado
The five-speed automatic is from the Cadillac CTS, STS, and SRX

It is basically a smaller version of the Corvette platform.