Automotive Youtube channels you enjoy (not traditional journalist review outlets)

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
In light of my recent post in Random Thought [Auto] about the Cleetus McFarland channel, figured I'd start a new thread. Post channels that you enjoy here. But I don't mean your Car and Driver, Jalopnik and Chris Harris types, moreso the crazy projects or interest fact channels.

I'll start with the aforementioned Cleetus McFarland. Crazy projects, crazy builds, very entertaining.

Donut Media. Very interesting fact videos about iconic makes and models as well as technical videos.

Amesie's Automotive Corner. Haven't watched his video's in a while, but when I did he posted interesting Saab related videos and restoration progress updates for his old 96. Looks like he now has a bunch of random historic content that looks fairly interesting.

AcademeG. Russian language channel. Guy buys cheap cars then does crazy projects. Last one I watched, he bought a1986 ZiL 130 dump truck and swapped in a whole BMW X5M drivetrain, S63 engine, driveline, air suspension front and rear, and axles. Because why the fuck not.

Garage54. Another Russian language channel, though there is an independent channel uploading English dubbed videos. A former welder in the middle of nowhere Russia doing crazy experiments like "what would happen if you replace brake pads with iPhones" or "what would happen if you replace your engine oil with Coca Cola" or "what would happen if you replaced your tires with several thousand nails welded to your rim." Again, because why the fuck not.

In before anyone else!

Bad Obsession Motorsport and Project Binky. You've probably seen or heard references to it somewhere if you've never seen the videos, but this is the project to combine an old Mini with a Celica GT-Four. The project has been going on for nearly five years now and is still some way from completion, however they're now cracking on with the wiring. Contains British humour.

Tom's Turbo Garage. Home to what I believe is the best Miata LS swap series on Youtube, it's certainly very thorough. Recently he has lost his mind and aquired two JDM cars which needed/now need work. Very nicely made videos.

Edit: No idea why my links don’t behave the same way, the code is the same.

Last edited:
by now i've typed the same post twice, only for this thread to crash and not being able to open it for over 10 mins...

so here's just a flat list without explanation:

I'll just throw in MCM:

Urch Fabrication
One man show, he records it, he edits it. Does some very interesting metal work.

Since my favorite channel, Harry's Garage, was mentioned already, here goes my other favorite, Davide Cironi Drive Experience:

It's in Italian, but the videos get English subtitles within days after release. Test drives of interesting cars (not just Italian ones!), interviews, documentaries, and two ongoing projects (Countach replica with AR V6 Turbo, AR 75 trackday build).

Then there's a channel that needs no introduction, but should be mentioned:

Mighty Car Mods:

4XOverland (More travel than cars, but I count it) - I'm a Patreon supporter

410 Expeditions

C90 Adventures - a crazy Brit riding a 90cc moped all over the world. Excellent binge-watch material.

CanyonChasers - Motorcycle content and I ride with the creator.

Kombi Life - British hippie surfer guy trying to drive a vintage VW from Chile to Alaska. Currently starting a new van project to drive around the world.

Mountain State Overland

Overland Bound (also a member of their forum and a Badge Holder)

Regular Car Reviews

Ronny Dahl - who I support via Patreon. His "Modified" series is pretty informative and I love his trip videos.

The Road Chose Me - American on an ongoing African road tip in a Jeep Wrangler

Kombi Life - British hippie surfer guy trying to drive a vintage VW from Chile to Alaska. Currently starting a new van project to drive around the world.

I watched most of this. While it was an impressive feat. That Kombi was a pain in his butt.

Most of my favorites have already been mentioned: Regular Car Reviews, Hoonigan, noriyaro, Mighty Car Mods, Garage 54.

Basically anyone who posts 'Ring vids is a favorite. I should just give up and move there someday, but in the meantime, there's Bridge to Gantry and Misha Charoudin/Boosted Boris doin' the Lord's work of putting 'Ring vids on the internet. (Lots of other wipeout/crash/fail/moment/cool car shooters, too, but those are the big ones.)

Wanna watch all the wipeouts? RacingFail.

Busted Knuckle Video posts a lot of insane off-road/muddin'/crawlin'/Barbie Jeep racin' stuff that reiterates my deep desire to make a Cayenne do things it shouldn't.

Grind Hard Plumbing Co does some incredible toy-car/kart builds as well as some neat full-size stuff. (I'm noticing a theme in my subscriptions with the Barbie cars, but...I should really hack into that GT3 in my living room, too.)

MasterMilo's got some incredible builds, too.

I'm constantly searching for footage of my dumb cars and antics on the 24 Hours of Lemons channel.

Pro drifter Chelsea DeNofa's a hoon on and off the track, which I appreciate.

Larry Enticer is technically a snowmobiler, but it's car-adjacent and the dude's my hero for sending it, so I'm including him anyway.

This is a "traditional journalist" one, but since they're not English-language: ALERT ALERT BEST MOTORING HAS A YOUTUBE CHANNEL IT RULES AND SOME ARE SUBTITLED, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!

Last edited:
I’ve been watching HubNut recently, I can’t remember exactly what video first attracted me as he’s crazy by my standards, there’s some great stuff on there though and our own Captains 70s appears in some.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCfxlBQnvNXX6o-2KbCMszWQ

Most of my favorites have already been mentioned: Regular Car Reviews, Hoonigan, noriyaro, Mighty Car Mods, Garage 54.

Basically anyone who posts 'Ring vids is a favorite. I should just give up and move there someday, but in the meantime, there's Bridge to Gantry and Misha Charoudin/Boosted Boris doin' the Lord's work of putting 'Ring vids on the internet. (Lots of other wipeout/crash/fail/moment/cool car shooters, too, but those are the big ones.)

Wanna watch all the wipeouts? RacingFail.

Busted Knuckle Video posts a lot of insane off-road/muddin'/crawlin'/Barbie Jeep racin' stuff that reiterates my deep desire to make a Cayenne do things it shouldn't.

Grind Hard Plumbing Co does some incredible toy-car/kart builds as well as some neat full-size stuff. (I'm noticing a theme in my subscriptions with the Barbie cars, but...I should really hack into that GT3 in my living room, too.)

MasterMilo's got some incredible builds, too.

I'm constantly searching for footage of my dumb cars and antics on the 24 Hours of Lemons channel.

Pro drifter Chelsea DeNofa's a hoon on and off the track, which I appreciate.

Larry Enticer is technically a snowmobiler, but it's car-adjacent and the dude's my hero for sending it, so I'm including him anyway.

This is a "traditional journalist" one, but since they're not English-language: ALERT ALERT BEST MOTORING HAS A YOUTUBE CHANNEL IT RULES AND SOME ARE SUBTITLED, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!

Oh wow, I didn’t think anyone knew of MasterMilo’s work. His RollGolf is incredible.

Don’t forget Auto Addiction, this is one of those guys who’s out there all the time getting crashes or just the weird and cool cars that people take out on the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaxW6r282iWvzJmr3BwGc-A

I am fond of the following:

Mustie1 - Tinkering with air cooled VWs in New England. Other things with engines are avaliable.

AgingWheels - Guy has a Trabant in the States. 'Nuff said.

Cold War Motors - 1950s Yank Tanks in Canada.

Furious Driving - UK based. Lots of old junk.

Pete C - Hardcore Mk3 Cortina restorations.

HubNut - Mostly very cheap UK cars with some interesting classic content. Yes, I make a cameo in a few videos.

Captain_70s - Yes, my own channel. Bite me.

by now i've typed the same post twice, only for this thread to crash and not being able to open it for over 10 mins...

so here's just a flat list without explanation:
I like "Supercar Blondie"