Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

Just the thumbnails are already :blink:

The fact that they do a racing series with these cars in 2017 is just the epitome of awesome.

they do it in every category?
there is also a historic rally and historic formula 1 championship...

2018_volvo_xc60_23.jpg

The seats in the new XC60. Damn they look comfy.

This exact picture is hanging on my home office wall in my calendar for March:

MST_01_RK0444_04_P.JPG

<3

Call it dangerous or idiotic, but I love it when cars like these get used and completely taken out ouf their comfort zone. Just fuck the vlog, skip through the video to see the best bits (starts pretty much at the half of the video):

Last edited:
Call it dangerous or idiotic
Why? Koenigseggs are built in Sweden, extensively tested in these conditions, and they offer excellent winter tires for them.

EDIT: Can i post my own stuff here? Just picked the 8er up from winter storage this weekend, and it's making noises pleasing to the ear:
Fires right up like it's no big deal :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 47
Why? Koenigseggs are built in Sweden, extensively tested in these conditions, and they offer excellent winter tires for them.

Was more talking generally about these sort of cars but yes, I know that - I recall an amateur video of a CCXR drifting and sliding in the snow somewhere in Sweden, but I can't find it anymore. Also, I think we can all remember what Thule built for Koenigsegg. :D

Car is gorgeous, engine sounds great. Shame the interior soundtrack is all synthetic. That kills it for me (well, that and the price). Shame, because otherwise it's massive amounts of want.
I stand corrected.

Car and Driver said:
With the help of a tube running between the intake manifold and the firewall, plus flaps in the exhaust (but no electronically generated noise)...
Wow, that noise from within the cabin sounds a bit too sanitized, but if this is true, I now officially love it.

Like, really love it.