Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

I'm in agreement with bone - orange and red is a colour clash and looks hideous, be that orange indicicators on a red car, or those red Ferraris with leather that is basically orange.

It's why Chris Evans' Ferraris are all white so they don't clash with his ginger pubes er..... hair.

I'm never let anybody take away muh orange indicaders. It's mah freedom!

Marty is starting to bolt back his Mira :mrgreen:

[video=youtube;26S2A-1ECuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26S2A-1ECuU[/video]

Last edited:
Great job.
How does he control the rear steering?

@Mustang video: I never understood why in the US it's trackday etiquette to use your hands to do signals and not indicators - you have to take hands off the wheel ...

Other than that, no one has posted this here yet? <3

Next to a 26B, I can't think of an engine sound I like better than a high-revving V12.

@Mustang video: I never understood why in the US it's trackday etiquette to use your hands to do signals and not indicators - you have to take hands off the wheel ...

My guess is the fact that we don't require amber turn signals. On some cars the red turn signal shares a bulb with the braw lights so it could throw people off in the corners.

My guess is the fact that we don't require amber turn signals. On some cars the red turn signal shares a bulb with the braw lights so it could throw people off in the corners.

That is a good explanation indeed.

That is one of the most extreme hillclimb videos I've ever seen.

You have to basically self-contained your own life when you're doing this ... if in doubt, flat out.

That Kadett in the beginning wasn't even trying to set a good time, he was just having? fun.

How much does such a osella cost? My guess is quite similar to a Gallardo? Why would you use a Gallardo???

That Kadett in the beginning wasn't even trying to set a good time, he was just having? fun.

How much does such a osella cost? My guess is quite similar to a Gallardo? Why would you use a Gallardo???

if it'S anywhere close to GT3-spec it might be easy to use it in national racing series aswell :)

A Osella Prototype like the PA20 (shown in the video) will cost around 60. -70.000 ? a little bit cheaper then an radical SR3. The newest Model the F30 Evo with a Zytek V8 will probably cost around 125.000 ? close to what an radical SR8 would cost. A Gallardo GT3 or similar GT3 car will cost around 130.000 ?.

One thing to keep in mind with these prototypes is, that they are specifically made for hillclimbs. The fuel tanks on these are so small, that they only last roughly 30 Km. The longest hillclimb in Europe is in Italy and it is roughly 28 km's long (almost one lap around the N?rburgring).

Unlike radicals and GT cars which are typicly designed roundcourse cars will do several laps on one tank.