Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

Hemihead

Car(s)
Vaz 21023, Peugeot 605 SV24, Ford Mondeo 3.0 Ghia
That thing is off the charts! And only a finn would take an old Audi 80 up to 344 kph with what seems to be stock soft suspension.
836 hp@7800rpm. Seen that car live and he drives it like there is no tomorrow. Very entertaining.

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
4x4 diesel barge
That thing is off the charts! And only a finn would take an old Audi 80 up to 344 kph with what seems to be stock soft suspension.
The thing is, that's a swede. :p

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
Whahey, the plates are from the district where I lived for the first 26 years of my life...

The pictures were made in the Hamburg HafenCity, in the background of the first picture you can see the building of the Theater in Hamburg Harbor and the cranes, the orange thing in the third background is a viewing platform named View Point (sorry, no english information).

Hemihead

Car(s)
Vaz 21023, Peugeot 605 SV24, Ford Mondeo 3.0 Ghia
His front plate was finnish?

Love it! That's what it's built for! :D
Perc is right, the guy is from northern Sweden. Do a search for Martinsson Racing and more madness will pop up.

Burn

Car(s)
'02 VW Golf GTI - '89 W124 200TE
I once rode as a passenger in an Audi 80 B3 with a lightly modified 2.2 20V Turbo (somewhere between 250 and 300 hp) - and I thought that was pretty damn fast - can't even start to imagine how such a car would feel...

More fast Audi:

Speedo: 1:29 ;)

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300

Japan, Fuck Yeah! (Alternatively: "I must go, my people need me.")

What can I say? Recently Patrol owners have taken to leaving the planet.

Norrhyttan

Car(s)
Zil 157
Perc is right, the guy is from northern Sweden. Do a search for Martinsson Racing and more madness will pop up.
It?s not even northern Sweden. Martinsson lives in Saxdalen in Dalarna. The front plate is french, by the way. Finnish plates are marked "FIN".

I'm the one that made the fire&smoke-video of it. Here is another vid i made of the same car.

Best ET: 9,31 seconds.

TechZ

Captain Internet
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Audi TT '08 (Sold) S8 '02 (Sold)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Flying_Star_II

The Lamborghini Flying Star II (also named Lamborghini 400 GT Flying Star II) was a prototype concept car built by Carrozzeria Touring in 1966 on a Lamborghini front engine chassis.

In 1966, Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera of Milan explored a new, and for those days very modern design concept. Their long relation with Lamborghini was celebrated with the unique Flying Star II, a fully functional prototype with surprising proportions. The car referred to the famous Touring Flying Stars of the prewar period; a.o. on Alfa Romeo, Lancia and Isotta Fraschini. It had an aluminum V12 engine, 5 speed transmission, fully independent suspension and disc brakes all around. The new design was for a strict two-seater with a very low and compact two-volume bodywork. It represented the ultimate machine for 2 people to travel fast in style and with luggage. This would be the last design to come out of Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera, before the company was revived in 2006 and introduced the A8GCS Berlinetta Touring based on a Maserati drivetrain in 2008.

smib

is a big honkin' homo
Car(s)
2010 Mazda3
The Lamborghini Flying Star II (also named Lamborghini 400 GT Flying Star II) was a prototype concept car built by Carrozzeria Touring in 1966 on a Lamborghini front engine chassis.

In 1966, Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera of Milan explored a new, and for those days very modern design concept. Their long relation with Lamborghini was celebrated with the unique Flying Star II, a fully functional prototype with surprising proportions. The car referred to the famous Touring Flying Stars of the prewar period; a.o. on Alfa Romeo, Lancia and Isotta Fraschini. It had an aluminum V12 engine, 5 speed transmission, fully independent suspension and disc brakes all around. The new design was for a strict two-seater with a very low and compact two-volume bodywork. It represented the ultimate machine for 2 people to travel fast in style and with luggage. This would be the last design to come out of Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera, before the company was revived in 2006 and introduced the A8GCS Berlinetta Touring based on a Maserati drivetrain in 2008.
That is exceedingly awesome.