Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

Aftermath of this years famous Pikes Peak crash:

Aftermath of this years famous Pikes Peak crash:

[video=youtube;h-8PBx7isoM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-8PBx7isoM[/video] Important lesson to be learnt kids :wheelchair:

Also lay out your 2nd pair of diapers pants .. Why ? beacaus Mines ;)

http://youtu.be/_ZaFGjuACjo

Needs less vulgar chrome wheels and a bit more ride heigt, but other than that massive want... :woot:
The only thing which would make that video more awesome is more glorious V8 thunder. :(

Needs less vulgar chrome wheels and a bit more ride heigt, but other than that massive want... :woot:
The only thing which would make that video more awesome is more glorious V8 thunder. :(

While I would normally agree, and at the beginning of the video I did. After hearing about the look they were going for (classic funny car) I can totally appreciate how they have styled the car. I agree the rims are a bit much, but they do a good job of bringing the "modern" look into the car.

Note the design flaws in the rollcage. It buckled by the B-pillar and pushed the seat so hard it ripped off the floorboard on one side. The seat did indeed not give a single fuck! Also note the lack of crossbracing in the roof, they were damn lucky a rock didn't come through to investigate their brains.

The seats are just like NOT A SINGLE FUCK WAS GIVEN.

I've always imagined people that challenge pike's peak to have enormous, andromeda-sized, brass balls.

it got me thinking...
4 point harnass is bolted to either the roll cage or the floor of the car
now both are bend (stayed in place, but still got bent), so the harnass won't keep the drivers pressed agains their seat so firmly, makes their HANS useless and rips off their head

obviously it didn't! but isn't this something they have to take into account when searching for pickup points for the harnass? is the place the harnass connects to also mandatory? why not connect it to the back of the chair itself?

[video=youtube;M5dL4DPm-DE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5dL4DPm-DE[/video]
JUSTICE!

Lower it! :p

it got me thinking...
4 point harnass is bolted to either the roll cage or the floor of the car
now both are bend (stayed in place, but still got bent), so the harnass won't keep the drivers pressed agains their seat so firmly, makes their HANS useless and rips off their head

obviously it didn't! but isn't this something they have to take into account when searching for pickup points for the harnass? is the place the harnass connects to also mandatory? why not connect it to the back of the chair itself?

I'm not sure what the exact regulations are for belt anchor points, but the reason they aren't just bolted to the seat is in case of the seat breaking away from the floor.

I love the new DS series. It's just a damn, damn shame that they're coil-sprung parts-bin products :(

I don't think the hydropneumatics will be around for much longer. Since they killed the C6, the only place you can get it is on the C5 as an optional extra.

Last edited:
I understand it on lower spec DS-models like the DS3. The DS4 I don't care. DS5 is stunning to look at and they didn't even manage to make the interior miserable, it's genuinely interesting place to sit. It looks like a great way to spent 1000km road trip. So why the hell they've failed making it as comfortable as possible? It's a largish Citro?n, it isn't supposed to be German good to drive, but comfortable and relaxing in it's own style.