Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

Everything (yes, including the s2000) gets better with an ls1. It's a law.

So a Miata with an LS1 is pretty much awesomeness condensed? :D

What about a DB9? Or a Bentley Continental GT (or any other VW car with the W12 engine)?

You'd be suprised, but a guy here put a hemi V8 out of a 68' charger into his phaeton W12...

Ok, let's say that cars who have superior engines than the ls1 don't need the ls1. But everything else gets better with it.

But it makes it heavier too? Nonsense! The LS engines are lighter than any other engine....in the world.... :p
Compact aluminum block V8 that's lighter than many 4-cyls? Yes please!

Agreed.

What about a DB9? Or a Bentley Continental GT (or any other VW car with the W12 engine)?
Well I'd be willing to bet the LSx is much lighter... :p

Lovely power delivery...:lol:

Today's target for car web browsing has been the J?ssecar Indigo 3000. Only about 40 ever made, made in Sweden, powered by the then-new 3-liter straight 6 from the Volvo 960.

What a sound that car makes. Awesome.

edit: the manufacturer web site is still online, even. Last updated in March of 1998 :cry:

Last edited:
It makes the car significantly faster and fixes one of the big issues with the F-series motor - lack of torque.

I'll still take the F20 engine. Significantly faster/more torque doesn't mean much to me. In the 3 or 4 track days I do a month it would be nice to have the power, but for the rest of the month I am driving on the road. I've driven an S2000 on back country roads and prefer a high revving engine with less torque. It means I can wind the car out more while still maintaining safe and acceptable speeds. Not to mention once the F20 is past 5000 rpm, it's so much more fun than an LS IMO.

No.

Last edited:
2 stroke engines are awesome!

[video=youtube;YSkg-wxS0jI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSkg-wxS0jI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
^You can't forget Aprilia's response...

Jumping San Francisco streets will always be awesome - but the rest is just getting a bit old :/

Today's target for car web browsing has been the J?ssecar Indigo 3000. Only about 40 ever made, made in Sweden, powered by the then-new 3-liter straight 6 from the Volvo 960.

What a sound that car makes. Awesome.

edit: the manufacturer web site is still online, even. Last updated in March of 1998 :cry:

Without actively searching for them I've managed to come across two of those in the span of about six weeks. They're very cool because people have literally no idea what they're looking at (I had no idea until Christian told me). The first one I stumbled upon (while touring Christians garage) is for sale (because Christian sells cars). Shameless plugging of Christians website:
http://nilu.se/index.php?option=com_expautos&view=detail&catid=1&markid=1&model=1&id=213&lang=sv

Then last wednesday another one turned up at a meet and I could show off my awesome car knowing skillz.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;OBlY-VgLJc0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBlY-VgLJc0&feature=related[/video]