Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

7Gqdi.jpg

2,9 million miles in a Volvo P1800. :shock:
[video=youtube;htOZiK-w8po]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htOZiK-w8po&feature=related[/video]

Is.. is that wha.. what i think it is? I need some links.

I would pay quite the sum of money for that engine. After some googling it's been assured it's a S70/3.

Last edited:
Where would they fit the huge intake?

Also, this Volvo P1800 as impressive as it is, I fear it has only accomplished that because it was always driven like a Volvo and because the B18 engine has low compression. I think a Mustang of the same vintage would have been capable of a similar achievement had it been driven slow and never revved above 3000rpm.

Dat turbo noise!

Edit: The video is made private after I watched it for some reason. I will update this post when it comes back.

Edit 2: Its back!

Last edited:
E28 wagon before restoration:

I see a cool air intake, a NOS Fogger system and a T4 turbo. It has direct port nitrous, an AIC controller and a stand alone fuel management system. Not a bad way to spend ten thousand dollars.

Last edited:
I think a Mustang of the same vintage would have been capable of a similar achievement had it been driven slow and never revved above 3000rpm.

Not revving seems to be a Volvo owner thing. When I went to look at a cheap 940 the owner had disabled the kick-down on the automatic gearbox, when I asked why he said 'I believe revs are bad for engines'. No problem that it nearly stops and rolls back down on hills.

Mind you he did also have a 240 with 600,000km on it so he might be onto something.

Is.. is that wha.. what i think it is? I need some links.

I would pay quite the sum of money for that engine. After some googling it's been assured it's a S70/3.
Words straight out of my mouth, where does one find such a motor?

What? I've heard these 2 words before but never in this combination. What does that mean?
It's what stupid people who lack any sense of aesthetics or proper understanding of chassis set up do to their cars. Whether this includes you I leave to your discretion.

Also as a facade of contribution I leave you with this: http://www.automobiliac.com/automobiliac/2012/7/10/das-1.html

Yes I know this isn't the motorsport section...