Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

Well, I don't know - yes, he drives fast and pretty clean, but the problem is that other drivers don't expect someone that fast approaching from behind at a US-highway. At a german Autobahn it's pretty normal that someone comes up at 200 kph where it's unrestricted, but in the US that's an exception which is unknown to many other drivers.

He does have huge balls though...

tumblr_m8whgyGm1Q1qapwfro1_1280.jpg

7747140890_c73826c091_k.jpg

Well, I don't know - yes, he drives fast and pretty clean, but the problem is that other drivers don't expect someone that fast approaching from behind at a US-highway. At a german Autobahn it's pretty normal that someone comes up at 200 kph where it's unrestricted, but in the US that's an exception which is unknown to many other drivers.
Its not so much that other drivers don't expect it, they are just inattentive and they have no idea what's going on around them.

He does have huge balls though...

You've clearly never driven in LA (you're one of the lucky ones). We've come to expect just about anything thanks to the large number of asshats that move here. We are quite used to guys on motorcycles flying between cars at high (and low) speed, or as you can tell from the driving of that Civic Si... dumbasses randomly carving lanes with reckless abandon. You can mostly expect the other cars to just stay idle in their lane. There is NO lane disciplined here, just "this is my lane, I'm doing safe speeds, go around" mentality.

That part of the 110 freeway (Figueroa to fair oaks) is quite tight and windy, even if the video doesn't show it. It takes a very good car to "cruise" it at triple digit speeds, even with the road void of traffic.

Last edited:

"... all US made, all US products..."
"... Eibach springs..."

:p

I'm nitpicking, it's awesome. I wish Jay would let the guy talk though instead of interrupting with a new question every time he's mid sentence.

From their website:
Eibach is represented worldwide with subsidiaries on all five continents in Germany, USA, England, Japan, Australia, South Africa and China?with manufacturing plants in Germany and California, USA.

"... all US made, all US products..."
"... Eibach springs..."

:p

I'm nitpicking, it's awesome. I wish Jay would let the guy talk though instead of interrupting with a new question every time he's mid sentence.

All Jay talks about is America, fuck yeah, which is one of the reasons he needs punching in the face.

Reminds me of the guy who posted here who wanted to swap a Supra engine into a Lamborghini.