Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

Air cooled V8? 2.5L? I need this for reasons. :D

Calling Fairlady

Mighty Car Mods vs Roadkill got together!

Reactions: TC
I should be sleeping right now!

Somehow I like this more than 95% of Ken Block's gymkhana videos.

You're right, and I think this is because this isn't completely done over the top, plus it looks like it's been done by a pro drifter/racing driver whereas Ken isn't one and just looks good infront of a camera. :p

The Subarute <3

The Subarute <3

I watched Roadkill first, then MCM. I thought it looked really good on Roadkill, but after watching it get built on MCM... Oh boy... that was rough. Admittedly they built while jet lagged and without much time. I like the idea though. Makes me want to find a roughish WRX wagon or a Forester and build my own. :D

I went the other way around, MCM then Roadkill.
I would have kept the turbo under the hood and the wheels white, but other than that it was pretty much perfect. :lol:

Nah, blue Subbies needs gold/bronze wheels.

This. Like vaping and WRX ownership, gold wheels and blue Subarus just go together.

I watched Roadkill first, then MCM. I thought it looked really good on Roadkill, but after watching it get built on MCM... Oh boy... that was rough. Admittedly they built while jet lagged and without much time. I like the idea though. Makes me want to find a roughish WRX wagon or a Forester and build my own. :D

In the time they had, they did a pretty good job. The Roadkill boys really half assed it. :p But that's normal.

In the time they had, they did a pretty good job. The Roadkill boys really half assed it. :p But that's normal.

a) Yes, that's normal for them :p
b) The MCM guys also worked on the car as a team of what,... 6 or 7 people total around the clock with nothing else to do?

Either way, both were great in their own ways, exactly as it should have been, and the priceless reactions of M&M when they got served with a roadkill sized dose of 'MURICA were just epic.

In the time they had, they did a pretty good job. The Roadkill boys really half assed it. But that's normal.
The Roadkill guys always seem like they could do something epic, but just back it up. For example, cutting the frame to install an alternator, then not? Hack city.

Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

After watching the two. It feels more like roadkill likes to just promote whatever parts they're given. I know David has a lot of friends in the hotrod world but, cmon. It almost feels like an advert.

MCM is very technical and seems to love explaining why they're doing XYZ and then does it exactly. Rather than saying "were supposed to do it this way but, were not going because YOLO."

Would roadkill reinforce a chopped car? I don't believe they would. Just watch the Cadillac diesel episode.

Last edited: