Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

16266296_10154441014963195_3676079840188701916_n.jpg

Crowds at old rallys were batshit.

That's just how people used to R?hrl.

Not a big fan of the 993 (I prefer the 964), but page number makes this mandatory:

Porsche-993-RS-CS.jpg

993-RS-Clubsport.jpg

WHAT
993 GT2 is my favorite Porsche 911 ever... :D

WHAT
993 GT2 is my favorite Porsche 911 ever... :D

Agreed, but I'd happily take a RS like one of those.

I strongly miss the Targa we had when I was first able to drive. My folks owned it for 10 years and sold it for what they bought it for. It may or may not be for sale in Dubai right now.

Last edited:
old metal being raced.

Why does this car have to die ...

I bet around the Ring it could obliterate the 918's time.

[video=youtube;ETfmFF8Ym-4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETfmFF8Ym-4[/video]

Because it is not a V8.

I am dead serious: I bet it would be more successful if it had a V8. I think it is awesome and sounds awesome, but many times I read reviews and comments of "sounds like garbage", or "should have a V8 because blablabla".

It is true. One can read comments like this all over the internet. Also, the fact that the very early cars apparently drove like a bag of crisps didn't help the image either, though the modern versions seem to be tight as a GT3 RS.

I like the idea of it being more successful with a V8 though I then fear people screaming about how it's the new wanna-be Corvette ...

It is true. One can read comments like this all over the internet. Also, the fact that the very early cars apparently drove like a bag of crisps didn't help the image either, though the modern versions seem to be tight as a GT3 RS.

I like the idea of it being more successful with a V8 though I then fear people screaming about how it's the new wanna-be Corvette ...

Yes,but then again the same can be said about the Corvette.
Early version were not famous for the handling (judging by reviews etc, never drove wither the Corvette or Viper), and it lately became a very capable sports car, perhaps since the C5, I guess?
With that said, I think any American sports car will be measured against the Corvette, (just like any muscle car will be going against the Mustang/Camaro duo) so there was no way around that for Dodge/Chrysler.

This should please two certain members of this forum.

I just posted this on CragB's timeline. :lol:
And yes, I still want one.

at a certain point you transcend carbage and become awesome again, I feel like this car does that...:eek:

Nah, it's carbage. Completely carbage.

This should please two certain members of this forum.

I just posted this on CragB's timeline. :lol:
And yes, I still want one.

I will have another. I promise myself...

You Aussies and your burnout competitions. That is the wildest F-Series I have ever seen. Love it! :D

They have something in common. :)