Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

Bullitt is definitely the worst culprit for that. The same dark green VW bug over and over and over.... I would class that as (probably) the most overhyped car chase in movie history.
I can't remember for the life of me what it's called, I vaguely recall watching a (terrible) film from the 2000's in which a handful of stunt/"extras" cars come up an infinite number of times. Like, you see one getting wrecked, and moments later, hey there it is parked in the background. Most notable of which is a bright orange, small pick-up, something like a Skoda Felicia Fun. Argh, I took a quick look at imcdb.org, but didn't really help. I wish I could remember what film it was.

Unrelated:
7GG9ZHB.jpg

I can't remember for the life of me what it's called, I vaguely recall watching a (terrible) film from the 2000's in which a handful of stunt/"extras" cars come up an infinite number of times. Like, you see one getting wrecked, and moments later, hey there it is parked in the background. Most notable of which is a bright orange, small pick-up, something like a Skoda Felicia Fun. Argh, I took a quick look at imcdb.org, but didn't really help. I wish I could remember what film it was.

Ronin did this. I think with a 7 series. Great car chases though, may have to go watch that again.

Very cool except for the V6. Needs twice the amount of cylinders.

datass.jpg

Wait...did all E bodies come with a hood latch under the front bumper???

IIRC, on that body style yes unless they were ordered with the optional 'normal' remote hood release lever option.

Last edited:
So if you wanted to get somebody stranded, you could just pop the hood and yank the distributor cap?

So if you wanted to get somebody stranded, you could just pop the hood and yank the distributor cap?

You're not the first to make that observation - but a lot of older cars had the same issue. It was common knowledge and a common pivotal plot point in novels and dramas of from the 19teens through to the 70s.

It's like James May's thing of unplugging electric cars.

You're not the first to make that observation - but a lot of older cars had the same issue. It was common knowledge and a common pivotal plot point in novels and dramas of from the 19teens through to the 70s.
it's also a staple of old cop shows on TV.