Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

A friend of mine had one of his first jobs as an action camera operator for that show. He told some really interesting stories...

Do share, please...

Big (and hopefully interesting) video dump:

MCM is about to build a 350Z:

Some very early Hot Rod stuff:

Rumble seat cam! Now that car's front com the car coming into the picture at 2:20 and onwards looks somehow crashed and self-repaired...

eastern accent but good story:

drifts like butter:

i do wonder who their client?le is though...

So people West of the Mississippi River?

So people West of the Mississippi River?

I know of somebody in your neck of the woods that has built a fallout shelter in his backyard. I know him because he is a friend's ex brother in law. He is an ex because of his paranoia.

I was more thinking it would be the world explorer glamping type. I'm sure there are plenty of retired CEOs living off their golden parachutes that would buy something like this to drive around Africa for a bit. I know that if I was in Mark Fields's shoes and was just forcibly removed from my job after being given $58M, I for sure would order an insane offroader RV like this and go drive around the wilderness for a bit.

When we were in the US way back in 1988 ( :wheelchair: ) we met a retired couple at a campsite which sold their house when they retired, bought a trailer longer than that thing and hooked it to a dually pickup truck. In summer they went north, in winter south. Since the husband was a handyman he repaired everything at the campsites where they pitched their trailer so they didn't need much money for the campsites. Depending on the house they own that can be done without being a retired CEO. ;)

I know of somebody in your neck of the woods that has built a fallout shelter in his backyard. I know him because he is a friend's ex brother in law. He is an ex because of his paranoia.

Oh I know of a couple as well. It was just a cheap shot.

A friend of mine had one of his first jobs as an action camera operator for that show. He told some really interesting stories...
If by "really interesting" you mean "blatant disregard for basic safety rules", I can chime in with some more from my industry friends.

i do wonder who their client?le is though...

I am, if I win the damn lottery, get one with a long range fuel and water tank, extra compartments for food, a small arsenal (and enough money to bribe your way around the world) and you can go anywhere, forever, not needing anybody.

+ It's gonna annoy the heck out of Dutch people in their rolling plastic prisons.

Last edited:
This picture is not awesome but the car before it took t1 a cota was pretty awesome. They only run the car three to four times a year :cry: 1990 fw13b

QKlMJCo.jpg

I actually saw an Earthroamer today. Was running around Zion National Park.

aGNaxA6.jpg

Should?ve pulled the guy over and asked who he was.

Like he'd tell you. Certain people will throw out bullshit names to get you off their back.

It was a joke. And seeing as how thats the brand new XV-HD that was literally just unveiled, I wouldn?t be surprised if that one was Earthroamer?s own coming back from SEMA.

I actually saw an Earthroamer today. Was running around Zion National Park.

aGNaxA6.jpg

Should?ve pulled the guy over and asked who he was.

Wow, that looks mighty impressive in that screenshot. But it needs more camo.