Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

jv5h2wmniqm41.jpg

Perhaps this doesn't quite fit the "awesome" bill, but I don't quite know where else I could post it. I believe there's a general "Old Top Gear" thread out there somewhere, but the search tool ignores three-letter words.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
That is a piece of rolling Deco pr0n! :drool:

Track tests on C-Cassettes!

Free audio tape attached to the April 1989 issue of UK high-performance motoring magazine Fast Lane (published 1984-1994). Pictures are from the 24-page supplement accompanying the tape. The cars featured are track-tested at Donington Park circuit by Mark Hales with Beki Adam as passenger (Top Gear presenter 1988-90).
The following cars are featured:
-Porsche 911 Club Sport
-Ford Sierra Sapphire RS Cosworth
-Audi Quattro
-Ferrari F40

Free audio tape attached to the April 1990 issue of UK high-performance motoring magazine Fast Lane (published 1984-1994). Pictures are from the 24-page supplement accompanying the tape (I'm missing the main magazine so begin with a shot of a 1990 road test compilation book Dream Cars). The cars featured are track-tested at Brands Hatch circuit by Mark Hales with Dilly Barlow as passenger (radio presenter, narrator).
The following cars are featured:
-Aston Martin Vantage
-Porsche 959
-Lister Mk3
-Lamborghini Countach

...and that Cobra seems to be the real deal since it's a german numberplate ending with an "H" which means "historic vehicle" - the car had to be at least 30 years old to get one of those plates, that video is from 2011 so the car itself has to have been built before 1981. That's one crazy man doing that...

If this is a car as the interviewer keeps calling it is debatable, I don't think it is, but it is still an awesome video.

holy FUCK