Awesome Thread

WOW... I never realised our DNA was so closely related to Predators
Genetics is awesome. I shall now refrain from boring you to death.

According to the latest James May show that I just caught up with on iPlayer we share 50% of our genes with bananas.

Must spread more penis shaped fruit.........

Would this belong here?

b1gNy.jpg

^ Sure. Next thing you know, sharks will learn how to fly. Then the world will be doomed. Doomed, I tell you.

And now, for something different:

GKcoB.jpg

Sorry, no source that I know of. :(

I shall make that my desktop and confuse peoples.

^ Sure. Next thing you know, sharks will learn how to fly. Then the world will be doomed. Doomed, I tell you.

Already happend:
[video=youtube;I16_8l0yS-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I16_8l0yS-g[/video]
Based on a true story:D

not nearly as waesome as the documentar itself hopefully will turn out, which I think will be som etime this month

Its been a while since I posted something awesome (see: Page 1)

gyro10lg.jpg

gyro13med.jpg

gyro3_2.jpg

(P.S. I know we have a watch thread but the gyrotourbillon mechanism itself counts for awesome, no?)

Last edited:
OK so it's complexity means I can accept it is awesome I just don't understand why?

Clockwerk? Little help here?

Unless you keep on adding different dials, I think a gyroturbillion is as complex as you can get. :/

OK so it's complexity means I can accept it is awesome I just don't understand why?

it's only used on manual wind watches, and a watch is either hanging on the wall, or on your wrist, with your arms hanging down, so pretty static
you probably have seen a large watch and have noticed there's a lever jumping on the teeth of a cog every second
but gravity is always pulling the small dial between 0-30mins and between 0-6h for the small one (in case it hangs on the wall), while it has to fight gravity the other periods
so while the dial is going down, time goes faster than when it's going up

so they integrate a spinning gyroscope like thing around the cog and lever, so the effect of gravity is cancelled out

at least that's how i understood it works...

Last edited: