Awesome Thread

are we sure thats not a shop? otherwise sweet jesus fuck...

I doubt the altimeter gives accurate readings at that height so if they are real they probably don't even really know just how close to the ground they are.

Judging by the amount of people and fire/rescue, I'd say it's from an air show.

air shows still usually have a minimum altitude for safety

If you click on the pics, the link leads to airliners.net where you can find additional info about the place and pilot...

and see this video too

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WApNddR3Usw[/YOUTUBE]

Course it's not a shop.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3c6fMql2uk[/youtube]

Different plane, I know, but yeah.

001__scaled_600.jpg

Just the thought of putting an estate car on the racetrack is awesome.

I have nothing against this, because it truly is epicly awesome, but wouldn't it make more logical sense for them to have chosen the 850 sedan? I know they raced those in the BTTC in 1995+, but why race the heavier estate in 1994?

:drool:
That site is sweeeeet! Especially this section http://www.swedespeed.com/gallery/gallery2.php?mode=album&album=/Motorsport
Thanks!

Last edited:
I doubt the altimeter gives accurate readings at that height so if they are real they probably don't even really know just how close to the ground they are.

I do know Sukhoi flankers use a separate system as an altimeter when below a thousand metres, though I'm not sure how accurate it is.

I have nothing against this, because it truly is epicly awesome, but wouldn't it make more logical sense for them to have chosen the 850 sedan? I know they raced those in the BTTC in 1995+, but why race the heavier estate in 1994?

Quirkiness is what legends are made of.

Racing is about marketing and advertising the brand.. Volvo = Estates.. :)
But then they noticed that they wouldn't win anything with the 855 so they switched to the 850 i guess..

Why question something so cool?? A racing shaggin wagon, there are few things cooler. I drove a road version of that shaggin wagon for several years and used it for both driving and shaggin. It performed well in all aspects.

If I remember correctly they only raced the estate for a year before switching to the saloon.

They knew they weren't going to win the BTCC in the 1st year anyway so treated it as a marketing exercise while they ironed out all the kinks in the team and car.

Gah, I should have remembered that, it was mentioned on Jame's May's 20th century.

Those are totally safe for work, and totally awesome at that. Really neat concept.