Awesome Thread

Happend in Norway, this is from db.no

(Dagbladet): Ambulance helicopter landed on the barrier next to a car accident in Snillfjord yesterday afternoon.

A car had driven into the rock wall on the Storvasselva Hammar tunnel.

It is uncertain how serious the injuries the driver suffered, but according to eyewitnesses to the person themselves have gone out of the car after the accident, according to newspaper S?r-Tr?ndelag.

The newspaper was the first with a video.

- The person was slightly injured after running into the rock wall. The man was taken to hospital in an ambulance, says Randi Fagerholt, operations manager at S?r-Tr?ndelag Police told Dagbladet.

Completely normal landing:

Press Adviser at Norwegian Air Ambulance, Kristine Gr?nliveien Schjerven, says this is normal.

- Air ambulances lands in strange places all the time. It is not unusual that they land on the barrier, she says to Dagbladet.

In this case, the helicopter would let off a doctor.

- I got goosebumps when I saw the video. They are very clever, says Gr?nliveien Schjerven.

And who's going to pay for the damage to the barrier? Probably the guy who crashed. :p

What damage to the barrier? It's not like the full weight of the helicopter was on it...

One of my brothers has an awesome job-

375118_10151913483908378_1628941716_n.jpg

He gets to lay around in mud all day and be fed raw meat?

Reactions: haz
MrCake is doing it right. When the zombie apocalypse comes, we won't have cake, but at least we'll have angry birds.

So you have to burn 2 minutes of candle light in order to turn on an extra light. :p I suppose it's not bad for charging up devices, although I do wonder how efficient it is compared to a compact solar or wind powered charging station.

I suppose it's not bad for charging up devices, although I do wonder how efficient it is compared to a compact solar or wind powered charging station.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_generator said:
Their typical efficiencies are around 5?8%.

not bad, not bad... i suspected worse... still, solar and wind powered will deliver better efficiency while not burning any fuel which you'd have to pay.
on the other hand... you might not have sun / wind... so for the purpose of charging your phone, this might still be a good idea.

Two hours later:
*IceBone was nuked

Or you could just get a Biolite.

http://www.biolitestove.com/

Wood burning camp stove that runs on the twigs and sticks you pick up during a hike so you don't have to carry propane. Safer then building a fire the old fashioned way as it is contained in the stove and it generates electricity from the fire.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000133948

My favorite stock market hukster Jim Cramer. Said with Love cause I think Cramer is awesome.

Last edited:
not bad, not bad... i suspected worse... still, solar and wind powered will deliver better efficiency while not burning any fuel which you'd have to pay.
on the other hand... you might not have sun / wind... so for the purpose of charging your phone, this might still be a good idea.

Trust me, Ice always has wind.