Awesome Thread

au contraire, it helps maintain the awesomeness...because you need a lot of money and not a lot of sense to buy one => Automatically awesome

It would be properly awesome if it also had a 1:2 scale engine. Then it could sell for a lot more that it sells now and it would still be awesome. But a car, where you have to take care of the propulsion, for the price of a car with an engine is just fail.

It would be properly awesome if it also had a 1:2 scale engine. Then it could sell for a lot more that it sells now and it would still be awesome. But a car, where you have to take care of the propulsion, for the price of a car with an engine is just fail.

Umm....did you even read the article ?

Those responsible for the project eventually decided to build the pedal car on a scale of 1:2 to make it large enough to accommodate budding racing drivers up to 1.35 metres tall.
Unless you are either a midget or a 7-year old, you're not going to pedal that thing even if you wanted to.

I think that's awesome, what kid would not want that ? And any child lucky enough to get one of those will end up as a racing driver, or at least a hardcore petrol head. It's inevitable.

And it's still infinite amounts of cooler than any so called car you could buy for the same money.

Last edited:
I maintain than any car + an engine > any car - an engine. Even if you get just a 1.2 for that price, it's still better than no engine at all. Even as a kid. And anyone who buys his kid a 10 000 Euro paddlecar is an idiot.

I'm sure they will! When I was a kid and had a paddlecar, I always wished that it had an engine, not that it looked like an Audi racecar from the 1930s.:p

You were depraved as a child then?
I wish I had a peddle car that cool awesome as a kid.

How likely is it anyway that any father would buy his kid a 10000? limited edition rare Audi V16 replica and then happily watches while his kid rams the delicate aluminium hull against every thing in sight and dumps the car in a tree.

It's far more likely that it is going to end on a pedestal in some collectors house.

For $10,000 you could buy two mopeds, and you can't buy just one, who will you race? Or some gocarts!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pLj9BoNb1U[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN75im_us4k[/YOUTUBE]

Transfered from the Funny Pic thread to the Awesome thread because I realize it belongs here.

image0124.jpg

956,000 matchsticks.

The most awesome athlete in history.

771116.jpg

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3iCxA66OMg[/YOUTUBE]

9.58.....jesus christ. Thursday and the 200m final will be epic in biblical proportions.

Last edited:
^I got to say I was speechless watching that live on TV, it was amazing. He is such an awesome personality and athlete, doesn't even look like he is trying most of the time and he is just so silly he makes me laugh every time. :lol:

[YOUTUBE]0k3Mc5HB2eg[/YOUTUBE]

And now for some "why did you build this?" "because you suck" massive statues. These are all 100m or taller going from tallest to less tall.

49_10809_77d2b0b39a3c5ab.jpg

tallest-laykyun-setkyar.jpg

52160.imgcache.gif

The%20Statue%20of%20Guan%20Yin.JPG

914635-Dai-Kannon-Nakayama-0.jpg

and although only 85 metres tall, this one's just pure awesome
mother021.jpg