Awesome Thread

And I'm surprised they didn't lock down the train station for 3 hours beforehand and sweep the place with SWAT, bomb disposal, thermal imaging, and body scanners.

Our Queen is well 'ard! She could take Gaddaffi, Obama and Sarkozy before breakfast! And still have an appetite for Hamed Karzai before lunch!

^ I saw that on Saturday night. Helen Mirren shooting a .50 caliber machine gun is AWESOME.

Why is catching a bloody train such a big damn deal?

If she was catching a train home from Norfolk, Virginia, I'd be impressed. As it is, she's managed to make something people do everyday "awesome?" You Brits are easily impressed.

Help me understand, because I just don't get it. It's like Obama catching a plane or getting a private helicopter to fly into Lower Manhattan, people do both all the time.

She's not people, she's not even some humdrum politician, she's the fucking Queen. Trains are for peasants, she is not one.

Queens poop too.

Yes, but I am sure it doesn?t stink.

Blind, what it's about can't be understood from an American point of view because the USA doesn't have a monarch.
This topic has been debated over and over in the commonwealth countries that are still under the british crown. The issue is that the royal family usually have their own jets and fly everywhere they want to on vacation at the expense of taxpayers. This goes for governor generals too. Not only is this wasting tax money while they sit on riches, but it also wastes fuel and creates pollution for no good reason. Couple with that the fact that the crown doesn't really have much political power anymore and you get a lot of unhappy citizens. So the fact that she took public transit now, thus also supporting the british railroad industry, which is doing quite poorly as of late, is a very big deal.

I see your old person riding a train and raise you "riding on a train that crashes a lot"...

2011-02-08t172322z_01_btre7171cb300_rtroptp_3_biden.grid-6x2.jpg