Awesome Thread

I like to have sight, but theese videos makes me feel a cheater. :blink: Thoose guys have ultimate skills of reception.

Also, here's an interesting game that brings (sort of) that experience.
[video=youtube;u8830S_Pa-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u8830S_Pa-k[/video]

And the key feature i found here, that it uses a mic. So all noises you make for real - is drawing your path in the game. (also, mobs hear you, so you have to decide between refreshing your path, and not being spotted)

Last edited:
The last of the Samurai: Beautiful hand-colored photographs of the warriors and their courtesans

Photos at link

When photographer Felice Beato arrived in Japan in 1863, he found the country in the midst of civil war. After spending over two hundred years in seclusion, Japan was being forced by the Americans?under a mission led by Commodore Matthew C. Perry?to expand its trade with the west. The country was divided between the Tokugawa Shogunate in Edo and the Imperial Court based in Kyoto. Over the next decade, a period known as the Bakumatsu, Japan was riven as the Imperial order gradually took control. The key moment came when the samurai of the Ch?sh? and Satsuma provinces defeated the Shogunate in 1867, which led to the restoration of imperial rule under Emperor Meiji.

Beato was an Anglo-Italian, born in Venice in 1832, and raised in the British protectorate of Corfu. He learnt his trade under the renowned photographic pioneer James Robertson, with whom he traveled to Constantinople documenting many British imperial wars fought in Crimea, India and China. Beato?s skill saw him (along with his brother Antonio) hailed as one of the century?s leading photojournalists.

In 1862, Beato sold most of his photographic work and invested the money in the London Stock Exchange, where it was quickly lost. The following year, he decided to quit England and start out on a new adventure, this time to Japan. On his arrival in Yokohama, Beato set-up a business with English artist Charles Wirgman, who drew sketches and engravings based on Beato?s photographs. Travel was dangerous in Japan, with many of the Shogunate samurai warriors killing westerners?in Edo the American legation was burned to the ground and westerners threatened with death. On one occasion, Beato escaped such a fate after declining a tour of Kamakura with two Imperial officers, who happened across two masterless samurais (or ronin) and were beheaded. However, through his contacts in the military, Beato did manage to travel to many of the secluded areas of the country, where he documented the last years of feudal Japan.

Among his first photographs were the portraits of the Satsuma samurais, who happily posed for him. In one group portrait, four samurais symbolically show their strength and ambition by presenting themselves with one standing samurai holding a red book of English literature and one seated with an unsheathed knife?highlighting their hold on western knowledge and their strength in Japanese tradition. As travel became restricted because of the civil war, Beato opened a studio back in Yokohama, where he photographed many samurai warriors and their courtesans.

A selection of Felice Beato?s rare hand-colored photographs will be on display at the London Photographic Fair 23rd-24th May.

Reminded me of Norway polar circle railbahn

[Caution! This video is 10 (yes, TEN) hours long and can mesmerize person to global thinking! Proceed with plenty of spare time to waste.]

That's the summer clip, if you want you can watch ten hours of winter, spring and autumn as well (or a ten hour version with all edited together (or all four at once)) at http://www.nrk.no/nordlandsbanen/
So set aside next working week and watch all four after each other :D

This house is shaped like the Enterprise.

Z2RHvVb.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...na-shaped-like-Star-Treks-USS-Enterprise.html

Last edited:
I want to see the 1930s era Batman with that as the bike, the Phantom Corsair as the Batmobile and a Cord 812 as Bruce Wayne's daily driver.

...So set aside next working week and watch all four after each other :D

Too late, i catually did them all earlier :p But i prefer pure records (without music, jabbering and station "DING!"s). With my stereo, thoose vids are great to sleep to.

[img_]tehkewlbike.jpg[_/img]

With THAT streamliner futurah design, how come we having theese openwheeled skeleton monkeys around in 2 thousand, bleeding, 15een year?

I mean look at the seat! It's a livingroom furniture on wheels!
AAAAC-F_KOUAAAAAATJi8g.jpg

You can cruze the thing all day sitting in the natural position and have zero fucks about anything short of "road conditions".

Last edited:
[video=youtube;kt92-ZDm-HM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt92-ZDm-HM[/video]

The way the Japanese manage their trains is amazing but I'd be bummed out by the Shinkansen. I never want to face forward in a train! I want to face rear with my neck cushion on and in those seats that recline without interfering with the passenger behind me that bizarrely only trains seem to have. Why not airplanes?

Also, the future was here and left this from the present-past.

That is a man with far too much free time. When will he get a comedy special?