AxlxA and his $20 home depot Lip on his WRX

AxlxA

I just wanted to show off my 2 hr handy work with some Garage bottom sealer from Home Depot($20 including nuts, bolts, and washer.

Thanks for looking guys.

IMG_7188.jpg

IMG_7177.jpg

IMG_7172.jpg

IMG_7164.jpg

IMG_7162.jpg

IMG_7155.jpg

IMG_7150.jpg

garage_Sealer.jpg

Oh shit I can't fix the thread title!!!! I accidentally hit enter... lameness!

Reactions: Jay
photography is for pictures right? or sharing photos.

Can you make the title to be

"AxlxA and his $20 home depot Lip on his WRX"

^ 'Photography' is for discussion about photography itself, not simply photos - this belongs in General Automotive imho.

Photography is about photos and photography, this thread is about your lip. As such, it does belong in General Automotive. I'll leave a redirect in Photography for you, though.

thanks guys. always get to be told what to do, what is right and what is wrong.

Not a big fan of the lip... although I guess its not bad, but I really like the red outline around the gilles

Humm.. Yeah, it looks alright I guess. I wonder what happens at speed as that thing does not look very solid (I mean is rubber) its going to look a bit funny when winds starts to make it flap.
Also it just does not seem to fit right around the bends. I mean you can see a bit of the wave from it being rubber.
Also is the red lip on the grill standard wit the new WRX's?

I don't think it is. If it was, VW would probably get annoyed.

Humm.. errr.. if that is the case then I think I have seen Axixa car on a GTI Forum.. and I dont think the responses where, well I will leave it at that.

I don't think it is. If it was, VW would probably get annoyed.

That is the RA-R stripe, not a ripoff of the GTi stripe, so all you VAG guys...don't get all bent out of shape. :)
By the way, I also have done that on my car, you can really only pull it off on the Hawkeye front ends.
I like the lip spoiler. STi has FINALLY came out with one, but the price is around $500!

I gotta say, it LOOKS good, but then you showed what it was made out of...I know we'll keep harrassing you about that :lol:

I also wonder what happens when you give it some beans, I'd be afraid it would rip off, along with the bottom part of your bumper. Or the quality of the rubber.

I SOO would love to get the RA-R stripe though, where did you guys get yours from?

I gotta say, it LOOKS good, but then you showed what it was made out of...I know we'll keep harrassing you about that :lol:

I also wonder what happens when you give it some beans, I'd be afraid it would rip off, along with the bottom part of your bumper. Or the quality of the rubber.

I SOO would love to get the RA-R stripe though, where did you guys get yours from?

Oh, dude...it is SUPER easy to do. NASIOC has instructions. All you need is 1/4" red pinstripe tape.

I'm so doing it.

I don't know... I say spend the extra money and get the real deal... This is a little ghetto

Older race cars used to make them out of plywood. If they break, cut out a new one and you are good. Alot cheaper than constantly breaking carbon fibre ones.

It looks ok. I have a friend that bough a FRP lip for like only $100, if I have a WRX I would probably go with that.