• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Azureus 2.3.0.2 is out

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Been using the CVS builds for a while, but it was just officially released according to my auto-updater. Restart your Azureus and a box should pop up, or you may just be able to check for updates: Help -> Check for Updates.

This is primarily a bug/performance fix release. Of notable interest are:

JDK 1.4 compatability restored on Windows
Distributed Database bootstrap and IP change handling improved
Memory usage reduced
Thread usage for idle torrents reduced
Connection management improved for long-term connections and peer exchange
Console UI now supports alerting and version update checking

Full ChangeLog http://azureus.sourceforge.net/changelog.php?version=2.3.0.2
:thumbsup: to the better performance.

Their site hasn't been updated yet though to the new version, so the above link doesn't work at the time of this post.

azureus has gone downhill lately imho...
i hope this will fix the problems, otherwise a lot of people will switch to other clients.

i've been using the beta for quite a while, didnt have any problems with that, still going to update it though :)

can someone tell me why I should switch from BitComet to Azureus? If there is any reasons for it that is ..

haz

^ yeah i am wonder the same thing. btw there is some patch out for bitcomet 0.58 which allows u to share peers and pretend to be bittorando so u dont get caught.

can someone explain share peers?

haz said:
can someone tell me why I should switch from BitComet to Azureus? If there is any reasons for it that is ..

haz

I recently did it the other way round, and I'm really happy with it... Just leave it ;-)

Buba

w00t, I got the update.

Buba said:
haz said:

haz

I recently did it the other way round, and I'm really happy with it... Just leave it ;-)

Buba

aiiiiiit buba thx :)

haz

which is best bitcomet or azureus... is not clear.... im using azureus

is it me or is the new version even more resource consuming then the beta :?

pdanev said:
is it me or is the new version even more resource consuming then the beta :?

I saw an improvement over the last one. since I can now log in to my workstation while running it and it doesn't take 3 minutes to load as the system tries to take back some RAM.

i switched from azureus to bitcomet.. i liked azureus better, but as soon as i updated azureus.. it stopped connecting.. so i just switched

MercedesAMG said:
i switched from azureus to bitcomet.. i liked azureus better, but as soon as i updated azureus.. it stopped connecting.. so i just switched

I think you need to update your java machine also in order to azureus to work

I switched from ABC to BitComet recently. Used ABC ever since I started messing with torrents. But not having the ability to select specific files to download from a torrent made me jump ship.

Just try em out :p
I use ABC cause it's low on resources and it's simple, but you still have plenty of options. Az is a memory hog but has loads options. And BitComet is getting good reviews, but I haven't tried that one yet and don't indend to :p