• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Azureus causes my computer to restart

dwh

Downloaded azureus a few days ago and noticed its causing my computer to reboot randomnly whilst azureus is running. When its rebooted and I open the program again it says it has recovered from a serious error.

This is really annoying cause i normally leave it open overnight and it always seems to reboot about 30mins after i leave it.

Anyone know how i could fix this.

Thanks

Downloaded azureus a few days ago and noticed its causing my computer to reboot randomnly

It locks up my computer on a regular basis. The lockups were less frequent when I did the following:

1. Only download one file at a time
2. Changed the cache settings from 0 to 32 megs
3. went through and changed everything to the safest settings-- easy on the CPU, etc.
4. I randomly changed things here and there until it seems to have fixed the problem.

It still locks up my machine about once a day. I think this old machine is probably 90% of the problem. It's an old dual CPU (2 Ghz) motherboard out of a file server I upgraded about four years ago.

hows the reliablility running 2 cpu.... I heard it generates alot of problems and sometimes they don't match

hows the reliablility running 2 cpu.... I heard it generates alot of problems and sometimes they don't match

I own an ISP, and just about every server has at least two CPU's. Our biggest machines have four 3.1 GHz CPU's each. They run great. Never a problem.

The motherboard I have now is an Iwill DVD-266R, dual CPU's with built-in RAID. It's fast, but it has always had lockup problems. It'll go a month without locking up, then it'll lockup twenty times in one day. Never a logical reason.

I've got another desktop machine with a dual-CPU (2.4 GHz each) that my kids use to play Midtown Madness and other games and it never has a problem.

I think java has ben causeing loads of probs lately.

Same on my system, any stress test runs perfectly, prime95, memtest, the works.

Cept Azureus crashed once in a while, very wierd, and anoying. Before the last update it was running fine.

I've switched to abc now, it's never missed a beat so far. But I do miss azureus, stuff seemed to be faster, and the possibiity ro regulate download and upload speeds better was nice.

:lol: :lol: That is my second newest computer :lol: :lol: .
I also have a Pentium 133 and a 486 DX4 - 100 :lol:

ESPNSTI - you ought to stop using the other computers and the money you'll save on electricity can go towards a faster internet connection ;)

- I only actively use two of them (the PII 350 and the P4 1.8Ghz).
- There is no faster internet connection available where I'm at :( .

I can get satellite, but the problem with that is the ping time is very high.
Plus it doesn't work well for P2P and you can forget about gaming.
Even more strange is that they have a download cap that is more restrictive than the ISP I have now.