Bacon!!

Bacon-Roses.jpg

Yes, yes it is.

I've had just-bacon ice cream...wasn't thrilled.

I made my own Bacon concoction. I decided to make this!:
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mo/mooglebunny/2011/04/29/baconnutellabagel.JPG

What is it? It's a bagel that has in its center:
Cream Cheese, Nutella, and Bacon.

Was it delicious? Absolutely. Healthy? Probably not.

BUT BACONNNNNNN!

Last edited:
nutella? as in choco? like this stuff?

tartine_et_pot_de_nutella1.jpg

combined with meat?? wow, you learn something new every day...

Yup, that stuff. It actually worked pretty well surprisingly. I have seen on websites like This is Why You're Fat (which is what I wanted to submit it to until I figured out they changed the website. WTF!) Bacon dipped in just chocolate and with other sugary treats. Technically Nutella says that it's a Hazelnut spread with "a bit of cocoa". xD

i think meat goes well with a bit of sweet taste (mind though my palet is somewhat distorted) like wieners+strawberry yoghurt and minced meat and regular banana. So why not chocolate and bacon, it goes really well with banana too (and mushrooms, but theyre not so sweet)

Speaking of precooked bacon..most of it is rubbish, but I did try some Boar's Head that was quite excellent.
d_470.gif

Cooked bacon in the oven for the first time the other day, excellent if you don't want to screw around with a frying pan splattering hot grease everywhere.

Line a cookie tray or something with tinfoil and lay the bacon strips on it. 20-25 mins at 375F and theyre perfect.

I know how I'm preparing my big breakfasts from now on.

Cooked bacon in the oven for the first time the other day, excellent if you don't want to screw around with a frying pan splattering hot grease everywhere.

Line a cookie tray or something with tinfoil and lay the bacon strips on it. 20-25 mins at 375F and theyre perfect.

also baking it at low heat means you won't overcook it as so often happens in the frying pan.

also for an added treat sprinkle generously with brown sugar and a pinch or 2 of cayenne. candied bacon so good

I was here to post about oven bacon and saw this post, I was 4 years late. But, oven bacon is amazing. Too high shrivels it abit, but below 200c is fine.

I bet that streaky crap is better in the oven then proper bacon if baked slowly.

One of the challenges of being an old guy is keeping up with what's on the menu...

The little snak-shak down the road from me is now serving "dumpster tots".
They're Tater-Tots covered in melted cheese and bacon.
Health food at its best! :p

SL

There are places in the NE that serve something called a "garbage plate" which has some sort of combination of potatoes (home fries, french fries, tots), a protein (ground beef, beef patties, bacon, hot dogs, fried chicken, etc), and some sort of chili, or beans, and or cheese sauce and also usually macaroni/mayo/mustard something...from what i can tell.