Bad cars you have a soft spot for?

http://img543.imageshack.**/img543/2543/bmwz8seashore1600x1200.jpg

I shouldn't add this, but they hold their value.

Last edited:
I love the NetCarShow.com Corvette!!! It's my favorite!

Aww come on, a convertible Corvette isn't really a bad car... :p

now cars i could almost feel guilty of liking :p

Talbot Rancho, a FWD "SUV" it's so stupid it's awesome XD
Rancho.jpg
I remember having a matchbox one of those but only ever saw about two on the road, mainly because they took days to rust to nothing. Nothing very similar has been made since. Well, except this.

http://img827.imageshack.**/img827/3299/skodaroomsterscout1.jpg

Last edited:
83-86_Chevrolet_Monte_Carlo_SS.jpg

I absolutely love 1980s GM G-Bodies. Stock they're pathetically slow, can't stop, can't turn and nearly all of them came with lame V6s, gutless V8s and glass transmissions. Sure there was the GNX, but those still command a premium for even the roughest examples. Any other model practically needs the entire drivetrain replaced to get anything out of it.

But I had an '84 Monte Carlo (CL, iirc) that despite being utterly gutless, was totally endearing. And a fantastic highway car that got surprisingly good gas mileage after a thorough tune up and a few basic modifications. Of course, it later burst into flames for no apparent reason, but I still want another one.

I am very drawn to this car, for reasons I do not quite understand, but part of me really wants to own one of these or drive one.

I love them too. Most of the G-bodies were quite sharp looking.

Did I mention the El Camino was a G-body?

I absolutely love 1980s GM G-Bodies. Stock they're pathetically slow, can't stop, can't turn and nearly all of them came with lame V6s, gutless V8s and glass transmissions. Sure there was the GNX, but those still command a premium for even the roughest examples. Any other model practically needs the entire drivetrain replaced to get anything out of it.

But I had an '84 Monte Carlo (CL, iirc) that despite being utterly gutless, was totally endearing. And a fantastic highway car that got surprisingly good gas mileage after a thorough tune up and a few basic modifications. Of course, it later burst into flames for no apparent reason, but I still want another one.

The benefits of all that is they can be easily modified to go quite quickly and be bulletproof thanks to using small blocks. Friend of mine loves these things and his last one ran 11.5's on motor.

I've seriously considered one just so I can have a fast cruiser that could still sneak by visual smog here in cali.

i can attest to G bodies being fun, my Buick Century is one :p
friend of mine's got a Monte Carlo SS, and her interior is identical to mine.

I know I'm going to get shit for it but I've always liked the Jeep Patriot, and after doing my usual random ebay browsing, I also have a soft spot for the Dodge Caliber as well. Before, the interior was so horrible that it would have been my sole reason for vetoing it if I were in the market for a new car:

dodge-caliber-srt-interior.jpg

So many things wrong...the way the vents were aimed at your crotch instead of at your face, the hard plastic everywhere, just a mess...

but now, at least in photos, it looks great.
2010DodgeCaliberInterior.jpg

I'd drive one.

I also have a soft spot for the 97-2001 Toyota Camry.

/hands in "car enthusiast" card

It's okay, we understand. You drive a Saturn after all :p

my current car - Peugeot 306 GTI6

its unreliable, falling apart, stupidly expensive to repair/run, rather uncomfortable on non-smooth roads - but to this day i still love the way it handles when the road gets twisty

my current car - Peugeot 306 GTI6

its unreliable, falling apart, stupidly expensive to repair/run, rather uncomfortable on non-smooth roads - but to this day i still love the way it handles when the road gets twisty
it's a great car! :)

mine BCIHSSF
Soul_with_Tribal_sticker.jpg

pic-64084.jpeg

It might be an ugly contraption made of tin foil held together with rust and put together by communists, but I still have a soft spot for it.

I know I'm going to get shit for it but I've always liked the Jeep Patriot, and after doing my usual random ebay browsing, I also have a soft spot for the Dodge Caliber as well. Before, the interior was so horrible that it would have been my sole reason for vetoing it if I were in the market for a new car:

dodge-caliber-srt-interior.jpg

So many things wrong...the way the vents were aimed at your crotch instead of at your face, the hard plastic everywhere, just a mess...

but now, at least in photos, it looks great.
2010DodgeCaliberInterior.jpg

I'd drive one.

I also have a soft spot for the 97-2001 Toyota Camry.

/hands in "car enthusiast" card

I wouldn't fault the Dodge Calibur on looks. I think it looks great. That's not what makes it a terrible car though....

300ZX Turbo Z31
Viper RT/10 (its horrible as a car, but awesome in every other way)

it's a great car! :)

I know it is! good to hear i'm not the only one who thinks so :) i do cop a bit of shit about it from my mates, though

and this particular one is getting to the age where the unreliability/problems are starting to outweigh the fun.

That and the price of servicing/parts down here is getting tough to swallow

<pic of Kia Soul>

I've seen a few of these on the road, and maintain that its not that bad a looking car.

But.....its a Kia.... ;-)

Last edited: