Bad cars you have a soft spot for?

I've always had a soft spot for the last model (early 90s) Nissan Pintara, particularly the TRX model, a real underdog sports saloon. Mostly because its crap. But still, 2.4 litre, LSD, bucket seats and a very cool 1990s bodykit.
1990-1992_Nissan_Pintara_%28U12%29_TRX_sedan_01.jpg

I will revive this thread because I just discovered that Chrysler actually made K-car limos.

executivelimo1.jpg

Someone seriously needs to take one of these to LeMons, it's got IoE in the bag.

Theres a garage just out of town that has one of those sitting on the front lawn for sale. Every time I see it I wish I had enough parking that I could buy it just for it absurdness.

1G3WT35X4RD326673-1c.jpg

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible, idk I like the look of it
Except when the tops down
346629_1.jpg

Infiniti M30, don't think it was a bad car, but it was never popular
1990-92-Infiniti-M30-90804041990001.JPG

Along those lines, I've always loved the early 90's Pontiac Grand Prix GTP:
1991-pontiac-grand-prix-gtp.jpg

Along those lines, I've always loved the early 90's Pontiac Grand Prix GTP:

I actually liked those old Pontiacs, they had a distinct look, I've always liked the outside styling of a few Pontiacs, but the insides were too cheaply designed.

1G3WT35X4RD326673-1c.jpg

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible, idk I like the look of it
Except when the tops down
346629_1.jpg

Infiniti M30, don't think it was a bad car, but it was never popular
1990-92-Infiniti-M30-90804041990001.JPG

My friend used to drive a supreme non convertible. When it rained the paint could be wiped off with your hand.

A friend of mine had a Grand Prix of that era. Amusingly, many switches were mislabled from the factory.

My friend used to drive a supreme non convertible. When it rained the paint could be wiped off with your hand.

haha that's so funny but the look did look kinda nice tho for the 90s
used-1997-oldsmobile-cutlass_supreme-2drcpeseriesiiir7c-5428-6056277-9-640.jpg

Here's 2 other cars I had a soft spot for, idk why but I liked the look of both

26740230237_large.jpg

1996PontiacBonneville.jpg

Idk why I liked Pontiacs of that era, well styling wise.

Last edited:
eafalcon1.jpg

The Aussie Ford Falcon, an EA model (1988 to 1990). Ford Australia were going through a major quality control crisis. It was an all new model, with only the engine and drive line carried over. The suspension was under-dampened, meaning that it felt like a hovercraft. The cheap interior panels rattled and squeaked, even when the car was stationary. But you couldn't kill that inline six cylinder if you tried, and there was nothing on Australian roads that was more comfortable. I learned to drive in my mother's, fitted with a bench front seat. I abused the hell out of that car, and it never missed a beat.

What in the world is this? I know it is based on the Fiat 124/Zhiguli/Lada 2105...but which particular one is this?

What in the world is this? I know it is based on the Fiat 124/Zhiguli/Lada 2105...but which particular one is this?

from what I can piece together, 'Pal' or whatever it stood for was an Indian carmaker , so this would be an Indian version of the Lada? , that can only end well......

pal_padmini_75.jpg

Speaking of Fiats, I really like the 124 and 131s. I've had a few 124 Spiders, my wife had a 124 coupe. I'd love a 124 sedan or a 131 coupe.

My last Spider:

fiat03.jpg

fiatint01.jpg

Great little car, actually.

I like the Nissan Sunny, also called the Sentra in the global market.

Nissan_Sunny_4WD.jpg

It's a crap car by performance standards, but for grocery and children hauling it's pretty good. I like the old 90's model with the ultra-low body design. It's very efficient, and effortless to drive because the controls are simple and effective. It is also ultra reliable, unlike some newer cars. Dad's beat up Sunny lasted ten years and all that went wrong was the front left suspension unit which gotten stiff. That's all!

The 80s' Honda Accord was also a fun car. I taught my mum to reverse park using the Accord. It was so easy to drive, I taught her to drive in it without having gotten a license first *pouts* I like the way it sounds when you poke it and it goes all the way up to almost a hundred miles an hour sounding like a WW2 fighter. I like the lack of sound insulation :p

1980_honda_accord_2_dr_hatchback-pic-24072-tmb.jpeg

Again another reliable Japanese design and my god it was tough. A Corolla rammed into the side of it while my brother was driving it. The Corolla was totally smashed up. The Accord had NO damage. The rear axle absorbed the impact.

32343830005_large.jpg

interior.jpg

Chrysler Lebaron, idk why i just thought they looked cool

Jon Voight

No, that was this Lebaron:
jon+voight+car.jpg

I can see where you were confused, but the one he linked is lacking the wood panels and the authentic bite marks.

Reactions: TC