Bad cars you have a soft spot for?

evans said:
Well, I must say I like the new VW Passat quite a lot. Got a charming look.

Same goes for the new Golf:

And the new Ford S-Max is the only peoplecarrier I've ever liked:

Please keep in mind the purpose cars are intended to be used by the average driver of these cars - we're judging about the cars, not the people that are usually to be seen in them :)

mg-rover-115.jpg

MG ZR: It looks like a Rover 25, but it ain't. I rented one of those on the Isle of Man last year, best FWD car I've ever driven -- takes bends at 70, 80mph on throttle, no problem...

Too bad the interior's from the late 80s. Speaking of old fashioned...

ugly12.jpg

Love those too, couldn't say why.

you've gotta love the reliant robin, especially if it's yellow or blue :lol:

as you know, i like old Land Rovers. noisy, smelly, hard to drive but you've gotta love them

ser3.jpg

mautzel said:
evans said:
Well, I must say I like the new VW Passat quite a lot. Got a charming look.

Same goes for the new Golf:

And the new Ford S-Max is the only peoplecarrier I've ever liked:

Please keep in mind the purpose cars are intended to be used by the average driver of these cars - we're judging about the cars, not the people that are usually to be seen in them :)
lol, i thought the thread was for like "under Audi-class cars", new or old

:oops:

bad cars? well..

-Daihatsu Hijet: schools shoppingcart for getting spares for clients cars. just like the Suzuki Supercarry that Hamster flipped. loud, slow and dreadful in corners. I can't hold laughter when I drive it.

-Saab 99/900i (no powersteering): no pocket parking with this pig. gets better when you get speed, but then, the brakes are bad and it understeers and handbrake effects on front wheels.. which is BAD. also has similar engine layout as audi: in front of the headlights.

-Lada ( any): I kept wondering which would fail first.. tyres, steeringwheel, gearbox, engine or my nerves.

old Mercedes 200 Diesel: look Lada.

Ford Transit Pickup'75: topped out at 30mph accompanied by thich cloud of burning diesel.

Ford Taunus: asthmatic, agile as titanic, overly soft suspension, thirsty.

Fiat Uno: its pure suicide to drive one in city. only for daredevils with deathwish.

Citroen AX: everything in me reminded me of cheap trashbin. plastic, more plastic, cheap as hell, no-one wants to steal it.

Opel Kadett E: don't get me started..

The Westphalia is always iconic in my mind.

I've always wanted to design a videogame where you can go around shooting at hippies in Westphalias.

ChaoZ said:
Love the look of a Pontiac Fiero, but I hear they tended not to be too reliable.
they overheat like a mofo but that is probably my favorite bad car. also, i like audi 4000/80s for their 5 cylinderness and having awd. if i had unlimited funds, i would own a 20v turbo 80 and rally the fuck out of it.

also i agree with s13s being bad cars but s14s are a much better car in terms of interior and finish. still no track warrior, but not bad for what youy can pick them up for used.

I also agree with VRS, i find skoda's (esp the diesels) to be cool for some absurd reason...

53218489_pr.jpg

B28187.jpg

I have no idea why I want one now. But they just seem so neat...

BlaRo said:
53218489_pr.jpg

B28187.jpg

I have no idea why I want one now. But they just seem so neat...

My first car!!!!

Sure it handled like shit, had a floor made of wood and had trouble hitting 90 kph, but the thing NEVER broke down and it had REAR WHEEL DRIVE!!!

ChaoZ said:
Pontiac%20fiero.jpg

Love the look of a Pontiac Fiero, but I hear they tended not to be too reliable.

+1

design-wise, more or less put together at a junkyard (which is where most are now), not very good around corners, brakes were dangerously crappy (almost failed to stop downhill) and they were poorly ventilated which lead to a million problems...

... but man was it fun to drive, i will get one again later when i find space.

wow, glad you like skodas on here, i'm trying to persuade my dad to buy the octavia 4x4 diesel estate, huge car :thumbsup: