Bad news everyone: Ssangyong in trouble

I think this also means that the UK won't be getting any "Roewe". The Chinese were going to sell them in the UK as Ssangyong's

This is not good news

I see a Ssangyong on the road and I think .. "wow, there must be a story there, as to why that thing was purchased" ....

I think it's just because they've given up and gone for the cheapest people mover they could find. Either that, or the sort of person who buys a Ssangyong is the sort of person whom you would never want to know what justified their decision...

I hope those mother fuckers die and burn in hell. They represent everything that is wrong with cars.

Maybe I'm mad, but I actually kinda like them. Not because they make good cars....God no, they make TERRIBLE cars! But because they're different. They stand out. They make me laugh.

I too have felt so inclined to go talk to the owners of them, haha...

^ you forgot those
Ssangyong_Rodius.jpg

ssangyong-rexton-ii.jpg

ssangyong-actyon-sports.jpg

oh god no, please stop the torture! one or two of those abominations were already enough!!

I think it's just because they've given up and gone for the cheapest people mover they could find. Either that, or the sort of person who buys a Ssangyong is the sort of person whom you would never want to know what justified their decision...

The only Stavic/Rodius I see on the road locally belongs to Minda (I think you'll know it). For those who don't live in Adelaide, it's a place where they assist mentally disabled people. Sort of fitting in the whole theme...

To give credit where it's due, this is a Ssangyong Chairman H.

Ssangyongchairman.jpg

It's that license-built version of the W124 E-class with some exterior tweaks.

I suspect that it's *probably* a better car than a W203 C-class.

The only Stavic/Rodius I see on the road locally belongs to Minda (I think you'll know it)

What are you implying? :p

I have actually been to Minda as the uni wanted to conduct some research with the ment..err, clients there. Waste of two hours, but I digress. I dont remember if there was a Ssangyong in the carpark though.

Ssangyongchairman.jpg

I actually got the fright of my life this afternoon when one of those appeared in my rear view mirror. Not because I saw one in the wild, but that some idiot actually bought one

What are you implying? :p

I have actually been to Minda as the uni wanted to conduct some research with the ment..err, clients there. Waste of two hours, but I digress. I dont remember if there was a Ssangyong in the carpark though.

I'm talking about the Brighton one. Which is located directly opposite my old high school... which made it interesting to ride the bus with the errr, clients :p

My aunt used to work there. I tell you what, interesting stories, especially the guy who went quite mental, yelling to the staff, wanting bananas...

The only Stavic/Rodius I see on the road locally belongs to Minda (I think you'll know it). For those who don't live in Adelaide, it's a place where they assist mentally disabled people. Sort of fitting in the whole theme...

Talk about redefining the phrase 'Minda Bus' ...

Ssangyongchairman.jpg

If I recall correctly, the interior's been spruced up a lot too, far more luxurious than the original car. It's sort of a Korean Toyota Century (i.e. a domestic market symbol of luxury), but I can't say how well it's put together.

This is not the end of Ssangyong by any means, they still have a thriving cement business to help rebuild the name of the brand. :p

Wait a minute...hold on...how exactly is this bad news for everyone?

Ssangyongchairman.jpg

Do you know how bad the interior quality is?

Here's my experience.

I had a sit in it a few years ago at the showroom. Okay, I got into the car. It was spacious but everything else was shitty. It had a folding table, and I opened it, rested both my hands on it, and one of the hinges cracked. I quickly folded it back and tried to get out of that hideous car. I pulled the plastic handle and it broke!

The worst car I've been in, other than a Proton Saga.

Do you know how bad the interior quality is?

Here's my experience.

I had a sit in it a few years ago at the showroom. Okay, I got into the car. It was spacious but everything else was shitty. It had a folding table, and I opened it, rested both my hands on it, and one of the hinges cracked. I quickly folded it back and tried to get out of that hideous car. I pulled the plastic handle and it broke!

The worst car I've been in, other than a Proton Saga.

Seems to be on par with Mercs then.

^yeah what he said.

I've sat in a brand new C-Class driven by colleague of mine, and the quality of the interior is just about on par with what Homer_Bart said... I longed for my 5 year old used Astra once I got out of that hunk of junk...
You could see the cost cutting just everywhere.

To give credit where it's due, this is a Ssangyong Chairman H

Well...in that sense I am sad to see a mercedes spares manufacturer go bust...

It's a bit sad when he only good thing about a company making cars, is the fact they drive mercedes spare prices down....:rolleyes:

No, not Ssangyong! I love those cars! :cry:

Hah! Fooled you there! In fact I think the designers at SY are having a competition of who can draw the ugliest car ever. Some guys there really have some potential.

Well...in that sense I am sad to see a mercedes spares manufacturer go bust...

It's a bit sad when he only good thing about a company making cars, is the fact they drive mercedes spare prices down....:rolleyes:

Well, that's the problem with GM for me.

There's a lot of GM parts in my Series III XJ6. If GM goes out of business, my spares prices will go up. :(

And that's about the best thing that can be said for GM overall. :(