Badly engineered products

I don't think there's a spring lock function in MBP's.

My kids cant use their ipod nano earphones while charging it the connectors are too close.
Cannot put aftermarket stereo in alot of newer vehicles without great difficulty.
My Dodge Caravan has it's spare tire between the front seats under the van.( I wonder if others are there as well)

My Dodge Caravan has it's spare tire between the front seats under the van.( I wonder if others are there as well)

I know that the sedona has it there and I think that's a typical location for every minivan these days: there's just no way to put the spare under the third row storage well without it potentially hanging up on something or being a unsightly eyesore.

Actually, Odyssey's is in the cargo area IIRC behind a trim panel, wagon style.

Edit: some odyssey models have it under the front seats like the others. Confusing. :p

Last edited:
htc-sensation-1.jpg

Dust goes behind the body, reception issues, overheats, underpowered.
The most annoying part is the antenna, which has been outsorced to the body with golden contact element. However, when it's dirty or without connection, the phone turns off.

Last edited:
Which HTC model is that? The Sensation? A friend of mine has it and is very satisfied.

I know that the sedona has it there and I think that's a typical location for every minivan these days: there's just no way to put the spare under the third row storage well without it potentially hanging up on something or being a unsightly eyesore. Actually, Odyssey's is in the cargo area IIRC behind a trim panel, wagon style. Edit: some odyssey models have it under the front seats like the others. Confusing. :p

I have had 4 other Dodge Caravans all of which were under the very rear(lost 1 tire due to a rusted off cable). That was bad enough but this is a lot worse.

Dust goes behind the body, reception issues, overheats, underpowered.
The most annoying part is the antenna, which has been outsorced to the body with golden contact element. However, when it's dirty or without connection, the phone turns off.

My Desire HD (Ace) has the same connection for the antenna on the back and in a year and a half it has never gone wrong. Maybe it's just the Sensation. I also wouldn't call it underpowered, it's only underpowered compared to a more powerful phone. I have no problems running Sense 3 with a less powerful phone than that.

My work laptop's Windows Defender asks me every two weeks to scan the drives. So far so good... however, after it has scanned everything it asks to update the definitions :firefox:

My work laptop's Windows Defender asks me every two weeks to scan the drives. So far so good... however, after it has scanned everything it asks to update the definitions :firefox:

You do realize it has nothing to do with IE right? I'm fairly sure that defender's settings and update schedule are being managed by group policy. :)

/pedantic

I am aware of that, this is the smiley that resembles my feelings as closely as possible though.

It also has nothing to do with Firefox :p

Htc legend.

http://http://www.bright.nl/files/100310-legend-gr.jpg

When you put it in your pocket with the black part (also the antenna) downwards and it's a bit tight the cover will remain in your pocket when taking the phone out. Reception is then gone. It also falls off when putting on a table a bit too hard.

Well here's one from my car. I have a few more, but I'll stick to this for now.

Ford's Ingeneous Flip Fold Console:

1997-Taurus-1.jpg

The idea behind it I think is: a seat when you need it, and a console when you don't.

The console folds away into between the seats and the arm rest acts as a back and you have a 6th seat for the smallest of people. But when its folded away, absolutely no place to put your piping hot beverage. OK so leave it out easy enough, but when it out in console mode (Mine is always this way) accessing your ash tray and power point/cig lighter in its sliding drawer under the radio ain't gonna happen. :blink:

Well here's one from my car. I have a few more, but I'll stick to this for now.

Ford's Ingeneous Flip Fold Console:

1997-Taurus-1.jpg

The idea behind it I think is: a seat when you need it, and a console when you don't.

The console folds away into between the seats and the arm rest acts as a back and you have a 6th seat for the smallest of people. But when its folded away, absolutely no place to put your piping hot beverage. OK so leave it out easy enough, but when it out in console mode (Mine is always this way) accessing your ash tray and power point/cig lighter in its sliding drawer under the radio ain't gonna happen. :blink:

They changed it in later years so it rests flat on the floor. At least you have decent cupholders that don't block your radio...:p

Not really decent IMHO, any sort of rapid acceleration or steering maneuver (think animal or child darts onto road) and you or your passenger will be wearing the item. Some drink containers will block the radio and HVAC controls in the integrated "oval" control unit.

My truck didn't even come with cup holders. yet, there's an ash tray.

If I put anything taller than a can of soda into my cupholders, it's really awkward to shift....

My truck didn't even come with cup holders. yet, there's an ash tray.

Unless you have a base model, you got cupholders. However, most of them got broken off over the years or removed for space.

As for the ash tray - you also have 'smoking windows' standard.

However, there is a bonehead engineering design there - look at the top of the two bolts that hold that vent window assembly to the door. The top bolt cuts into the door seal.