Baffling continuity error in Vietnam Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also,

Exclusive - Found This on the Internet (NOT)
For people who dredge up some old tat on the internet which is a rehash of an old story about TG which was probably wrong or not very interesting in the first place.​
Could also be called ?
I can?t be arsed to use the Search function or don?t know it exists.

Catchy title, eh?
:thumbsup:

The latter should be an award (read: humiliation) given out to the OP of any TG-related thread that garners the largest quantities of facepalms, complete with user name posted up in large, bold lettering on the front page of the site and in the top margin or the forum for all to see.

i dont know why i can not spot such mistakes and why i just watch and cry laughing my ass on the floor.

Sorry that I have to say this, but you guys have a phobia of talking about Top Gear's problems. ;)

No one minds talking about TG's problems - but this is nitpicking, it's the "pointy-elbows" theory but with a TV show.

Is that a jab at IceBone? :p

Actually, there is another continuity error, when Jeremy's headlamp dies drowned by the rain. The scene starts with him and Richard under heavy rain. Richard has his headlamp turned on, while Jeremy hasn't. Shortly after comes the sequence where Jeremy's light turns off, then everything continues normally.

It's true, these errors partly ruin the magic. But as long as they are not frequent, who cares.

No one minds talking about TG's problems - but this is nitpicking, it's the "pointy-elbows" theory but with a TV show.
Then why not let the people that want to nitpick nitpick in this thread and the rest just avoids it? I do understand that many people don't care about these things, but some do. Clogging all these threads up with finding it ridiculous, in the end having it closed just to see a new one appear in a week is no solution.

Last edited:
Then why not let the people that want to nitpick nitpick in this thread and the rest just avoids it? I do understand that many people don't care about these things, but some do. Clogging all these threads up with finding it ridiculous, in the end having it closed just to see a new one appear in a week is no solution.

Because the nitpicking threads appearing over and over clog the forum up. Having one thread to capture it all won't work - people will still fail to use the search function and will still create repetitive threads.

Agreed, but instead of agonizing through these threads going over the same things over and over again, why not have one large thread. If someone opens a new thread, just refer to the main one and have the new one closed. And nitpicking is all over the place because the people bringing it up are being treated quite badly. Who would stand up and organize such a thread when he/she sees what's going on in here?

Last edited:
Well, I for one won't dump on the original poster. He may be new, but he has picked up on Final Gears dry sarcasm and self depreciating humor fairly quickly.

There's another, just after they visit the Citadel, when James' bouquets of flowers disappear while they're talking about increased traffic in the north.

Guys, noting continuity errors doesn't always automatically = nitpicking. I spotted that one last night while I had the episode re-playing in the background and it didn't ruin anything for me. For those of us (like me) who find the "how did they film/edit that" process interesting, it's just an observation.

There's another, just after they visit the Citadel, when James' bouquets of flowers disappear while they're talking about increased traffic in the north.

Guys, noting continuity errors doesn't always automatically = nitpicking. I spotted that one last night while I had the episode re-playing in the background and it didn't ruin anything for me. For those of us (like me) who find the "how did they film/edit that" process interesting, it's just an observation.

I think so as well. I was watching a recording I have of Kristin Scott Thomas's lap in the RPC, and there were parts where she had mud all over the front end of the car, then (supposedly on the same lap) the mud mysteriously disapeared. It's just curious, that's all.

I expect the film editing is a very interesting process.:)

Okay... Apparently these continuity errors bother some people, but I can't understand this: if you write about it on the internet, how does it help? Do you think that if these posts are read by Mr. Willman or any other person involved in the making of TG, it will make any difference in the future?

These "errors" are most likely just things that they have or haven't noticed during the editing, but they don't have the material to fix it. And since these are just small faults and most of the viewers won't even spot them, they won't do anything about it. And I doubt that they would start paying any more attention to these things just because it bothers a small part of viewers.

I usually don't even spot things like these until I've watched the episode several times, and even then I'm still able to maintain the will to live. :p

if you write about it on the internet, how does it help?
I don't think it'll help, but what are we doing here then in the first place? This forum was made to talk about the shows. Every member is free to choose which discussion to partake in and which to ignore. Some people like to talk about the general picture, others love to follow the fine print. :)

so, how about a couple of new 'sticky' threads if the sub-forums aren't a goer (as previously suggested)

Means they stay up the top, people who are too lazy to search should have them in their face from minute one...

pffft that is a minor continuity error for Top Gear. If you look hard theres continuity errors in the SIRPC lap, as they dont have cameras on every corner for the one lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.