Baku, anyone?

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
Kia EV6 "Mullet"
Brand new Monaco style track where they reach 350 kph and nobody gives a shit? :dunno:

Anyways, Hamilton is screwed because of his position, Rosberg will run away with this one. Ferraris are slow on the straights do I dunno what they'll do. Oh and everyone will pile up in T1 like the gp2 race

I'm watching the F1, Ferrari got lucky in qualifying so I'm hoping for better in the race. Hamilton doesn't have to start on his flatspotted tire, I know it's in the regulation but it seems unfair to the rest of the drivers.

RedBull screw up Ricciardo's strategy again.... Ferrari doing split strategy, Kimi on 2 stops which seems to be the wrong way to go.... lots of passing on the looooong straight, and no crashes do far....

Kimi was on a 1 stop and his issues cost him a podium, he had a penalty as well but maybe he lost the gap to Perez because of the issues.

What was Hamilton's problem? Annoying that they have to keep repeating 'I can't tell you' to the driver

Surprisingly uneventful race. I set my DVR to over-record by an hour, thinking they might have a red flag at some point, but it was very clean.

Brand new Monaco style track where they reach 350 kph and nobody gives a shit? :dunno:

It's very hard to give a shit about anything in F1 these days when you can start to predict the outcome of the season with 99%+ confidence. This race was about what I expected it to be.

Yeah we were all hoping/expecting this to be a crash fest since 350 kph + tight corners + runoff usually means doom, but everyone was so well behaved.

Annoying that both Kimi and Lewis had trouble they had to figure out themselves... maybe they have gone too far in banning the pit to car communication...

This race was duuuuuullllll....
What was Hamilton's problem? Annoying that they have to keep repeating 'I can't tell you' to the driver
And this was the most interesting thing to happen all race.
Scrap this as soon as possible with extreme prejudice.

This race was duuuuuullllll....

And this was the most interesting thing to happen all race.
Scrap this as soon as possible with extreme prejudice.

So Hamilton was hopeless and that's why we nedd to change rules ?

It's very hard to give a shit about anything in F1 these days when you can start to predict the outcome of the season with 99%+ confidence. This race was about what I expected it to be.

yeah, well, tell ferrari and red bull to get their shit together!
or are their tactical errors also in some way the fault of mercedes?

about Hamilton being given new tires...when did he flatspot his? during his best timed Q2 run? or after?
i was just thinking, if a drivers sets his Q2 time, and during his inlap flatspots them so much, they're deflated by the time he's in the pits
they have no other choice than to provide new tires!

tldr: let them start on the tires they want!!! :mad:

Last edited:

about Hamilton being given new tires...when did he flatspot his? during his best timed Q2 run? or after?
i was just thinking, if a drivers sets his Q2 time, and during his inlap flatspots them so much, they're deflated by the time he's in the pits
they have no other choice than to provide new tires!

told: let them start on the tires they want!!! :mad:

If I recall correctly, Hamilton went out for his second run and locked up but since he didn't have enough time to go back and change his tires he just had to run another lap on them as is which ended up being quick enough to put him in P2 I think. If he didn't go for that run Ricciardo would have knocked him out of Q2.

So Hamilton was hopeless and that's why we nedd to change rules ?

Scrap the track. Who said anything about the rules?
Although if you ask me, yes, I'd let teams tell their drivers just what the fuck is wrong with their extremely complicated computerized cars. We tell people texting and driving is dangerous, and we allow F1s to hurtle around at 370 kph while basically trying to troubleshoot a computer.

Last edited:

I would, but they're not allowed to get their engine shit together... ;)

Scrap the track. Who said anything about the rules?
Although if you ask me, yes, I'd let teams tell their drivers just what the fuck is wrong with their extremely complicated computerized cars. We tell people texting and driving is dangerous, and we allow F1s to hurtle around at 370 kph while basically trying to troubleshoot a computer.

Funny how Nico figured it out.

Anyway, I like Baku, it's full of character and the last sector is ultra quick. I think the issue with the safe play of the F1 drivers was that the stewards warned them after the carnage in the GP2 races. (Which you need to watch by the way, they were epic)

Nico had the exact same issue in his car? I must have missed something.

Mercedes confirmed, Nico had the issue, remembered what switch he'd hit and sorted it in a couple of laps. Mr Primadonna didn't and decided to bitch down the radio as per.