Baltimore samurai kills burglar

That's got to be a Darwin award right there. Funny how the guy had a samurai sword just lying around though.

There are plenty of places to buy them in varying grades of quality. Anyone that thinks they are cool can drop a couple hundred dollars to get one, and if the kid was into martial arts, it would almost be expected that'd he'd have one.

Now if only the burglar was dressed as a pirate, we'd have the answer to one of the world's most pressing questions...

Wow, you never saw that on The Wire.

That's got to be a Darwin award right there. Funny how the guy had a samurai sword just lying around though.

I have three different swords. Two are reproductions one of a samurai sword that is a little on the dull side as it is mostly for show and the other is of a greek short sword but that one is pretty sharp but too close to be much use.

The last one is a real confederate civil war saber from my mom's side of the family. It is a long, heavy, sharp blade and would do nasty, nasty things to someone.

Remember that scene from Glory where Matthew Broderick is slicing the tops off of watermelons on the stakes? I have no doubt that my saber could take someone's head clean off. I fenced some in school but never really did anything with saber. Some of the guys I fenced with did compete in saber but I just never got into it.

Yeah I heard about this from a friend at Johns Hopkins. She lives in that apartment complex. She says she's a bit annoyed at all of the cop cars, but she's happy that there won't be any more robberies there. They stole her guitar and laptop last month. I doubt that complex ever gets robbed again.

I'm proud of my native city for this one. :D Hopkins is in a shitty area of the city with a lot of crime. Clearly this guy deserved what was coming to him. He had 29 previous convictions, had just gotten out of jail and was already stealing again. I hope his family doesn't turn this into some type of wrongful death bullshit, it is B'more after all. :mad:

Additionally, this past weekend some 19 year-old kid pulled a gun on a guy and tried to rob him as he was walking into his house in the city. Unfortunately for the robber, his "victim" was an off-duty Baltimore City police officer who drew his service weapon and shot the attempted robber multiple times, landing him in the hospital in critical condition. :lol:

Seriously, what the f*** was the burglar thinking? :lol: He definitely got what was coming at him because of lunging.

P.S. If you see someone with a sword like that, you can be sure that he can use the damn thing to kill you in a million ways.

....or in the real world you would realise that you see some kid with a katana and know that there's a 90% chance he's a weaboo.

Damn, I got to give the guy credit. I would have sent him to the morgue via 230 grain jacketed hollow points, a sword is much more creative.

Hmm... I've always liked katanas... think I could justify takng a loan out to buy one as "home security"?

....or in the real world you would realise that you see some kid with a katana and know that there's a 90% chance he's a weaboo.
That's still a weaboo with a fucking sword.

Based on the fact that the guy was freaking killed, I think the sword proves to be pretty dangerous in any hands.