Baltimore samurai kills burglar

Koenig

LINK

A Johns Hopkins University student armed with a samurai sword killed a man who broke into the garage of his off-campus residence early Tuesday, a Baltimore police spokesman said.

According to preliminary reports, a resident of the 300 block of E. University Parkway called police about a suspicious person, department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said. An off-duty officer responded about 1:20 a.m. to the area with university security, according to Guglielmi. They heard shouts and screams from a neighboring house and found the suspected burglar suffering from a nearly severed hand and lacerations to his upper body, he said.

The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

The student told police that he heard a commotion in the house and went downstairs armed with a samurai sword, Guglielmi said. He saw the side door to the garage had been pried open and found a man inside, who lunged at the student.

Detectives were still interviewing the student and his three roommates Tuesday morning, Guglielmi said. Burglars had already stolen two laptops and a Sony PlayStation from the student's home Monday, according to Guglielmi.

Dennis O'Shea, a spokesman for Johns Hopkins, said all four residents of the house are undergraduate students at the university.

The suspected burglar, whose name was not released pending notification of next of kin, had prior convictions for breaking and entering and had just been released Saturday from a Baltimore County facility, Guglielmi said.

That'll teach those robbers, go to town on them with your katana.

Slice 'n' dice, f*** yeah. Guns are too pass?.

Awesome, give that student a medal for badassery. Nothing like going all 12th century on a burglar.

Just got out of jail, went to town on the town... he got what was coming to him, and then some. :ninja:

He saw the side door to the garage had been pried open and found a man inside, who lunged at the student.

Garage
You are breaking into someone's house. The door to the house opens.
A man with a samurai sword appears.

1. Stand there awkwardly.
2. Apologize.
3. Run away.
4. Lunge at him.

>4

You are eaten by a grue stabbed in the chest because you ran at a guy armed with a fucking sword. Idiot.

Garage

2. Apologize.
3. Run away.
4. Lunge at him.

>4

You are eaten by a grue stabbed in the chest because you ran at a guy armed with a fucking sword. Idiot.
Then eaten by a grue.

Maybe a grue attacked him and is pinning it on the college student.

WillisKatana.jpg

First thing I thought of :p.

Garage

2. Apologize.
3. Run away.
4. Lunge at him.

>4

Reputation, spread, etc.

Seriously, what the f*** was the burglar thinking? :lol: He definitely got what was coming at him because of lunging.

P.S. If you see someone with a sword like that, you can be sure that he can use the damn thing to kill you in a million ways.

Seriously, what the f*** was the burglar thinking? :lol: He definitely got what was coming at him because of lunging.

P.S. If you see someone with a sword like that, you can be sure that he can use the damn thing to kill you in a million ways.

Er, perhaps in 15th Century feudal Japan. My guess is that the strategy here was along the lines of "swing and flail until one of us stops moving" or alternatively "pretend I'm the girl from that anime I was watching just now"

Last edited:
Er, perhaps in 15th Century feudal Japan. My guess is that the strategy here was along the lines of "swing and flail until one of us stops moving" or alternatively "pretend I'm the girl from that anime I was watching just now"

actually i was thinking of a line from the simpsons "i'm going to start waving my sword around and if one of your limbs gets in the way its your own fault."

although i'm with the student on this one, its only a matter of time until someone starts saying "why did the student have a sword in there?" and then start demanding that swords be outlawed.

Wow, you never saw that on The Wire.

That's got to be a Darwin award right there. Funny how the guy had a samurai sword just lying around though.

Last edited:
Did the hand get almost severed from the body because the student inflicted a surprise first blow while the burglar was stretching his arm to grasp some valuable object in the garage... or was the hand almost severed while the burglar was holding it in front of him in an attempt to defend himself and escape the fury from the angry student?

I bet the second one, and I bet no "lunging" was involved on the burglar's part. It seems more of a "hey, what are you doing in my house" - "oh, f**k" [rushes for the door] - [chase the burglar] "where do you think you're going, you ******!" - death by katana follows.

Maybe this won't make the burglar innocent, but the student's probable lie doesn't help in seeing his attack as a pure act of self-defense.

Did the hand get almost severed from the body because the student inflicted a surprise first blow while the burglar was stretching his arm to grasp some valuable object in the garage... or was the hand almost severed while the burglar was holding it in front of him in an attempt to defend himself and escape the fury from the angry student?

I bet the second one, and I bet no "lunging" was involved on the burglar's part. It seems more of a "hey, what are you doing in my house" - "oh, f**k" [rushes for the door] - [chase the burglar] "where do you think you're going, you ******!" - death by katana follows.

Maybe this won't make the burglar innocent, but the student's probable lie doesn't help in seeing his attack as a pure act of self-defense.

The guy had previously stolen his playstation. Don't mess with a man's PS