Bandwidth Caps

I EASILY download and upload more than like double your cap a month, Ren. I'll stick to a little slower download in exchange for no cap. ;) Not to mention, at least DSL speeds are consistent. :p

when i was in college i was on a shared cable line and it sucked BIG TIME ...now after i get a job i am gonna take the premium DSL connection with the 1.5 Mb line or something....

Come to think of it, something that's almost as important to me as having no cap on downloads is having a public ip address.
I hate being behind and ISP's firewall, it blows :evil: .

Viper007Bond said:
I EASILY download and upload more than like double your cap a month, Ren. I'll stick to a little slower download in exchange for no cap. ;) Not to mention, at least DSL speeds are consistent. :p

my speeds are very consistent.. I guess cable sucks in the USA.

If you ever come here let me know I'll show you what it's like here :wink:

and I said I undestood ESPNSTI position (same as yours) but it's a question of priorities I guess.

but I don't understand if it was a 56k... that's just too awefully slow...

Renesis said:
but I don't understand if it was a 56k... that's just too awefully slow...
I agree, but I don't have a choice in the matter, it's the only game in town for me (it's not dial-up btw).
(Well short of sattellite, which has slow response times, and all the ones I have found have like a 10GB a month or less for a cap).

I calculated off Azureus' statistics and via that program alone, I download on average 1.2 GB a day. 20 GB wouldn't even close to cut it.

And just think when I get faster Internet - I'll probably be doing 3 or 4 GB a day (that's nearly 100 GB a month).

Not at all. DSL sucks it's slow and here they have bandwidth caps too unless you take extreme programs.. which you can get for cable too with an even better speed than the one I have :wink:

Cable rules!!! :lol:

I looked at my DU meter and saw that I've downloaded 150GBs since April 1. This doesn't account any of the downloading done by my brother, my dad, my mom, visitors, and my webserver on the connection!
Amazing they haven't sent me a bandwidth overusage notice. :wink:

Oh and I get 3.3Mbit/256kbit (measly upload but okay)

Renesis said:
and what kind of speeds do you get? :)

Woops, sorry about that.

I also have DSL (backup line at office) that I use to do lower priority stuff and its gets a decent 1.5Mbit/256kbit.

brianhn1 said:
Renesis said:
and what kind of speeds do you get? :)

Woops, sorry about that.

I also have DSL (backup line at office) that I use to do lower priority stuff and its gets a decent 1.5Mbit/256kbit.

hey that's pretty nice

kteO1 said:
well how much gus do you pay for all that... i pay 67 euro every month and i have a fibre optic connection 10 mb download/upload..i think that it is pretty good.

I pay about $45 a month for cable, which I think is expensive.

The business DSL is $49 a month but good for backup if our T-1 line malfunctions (happens once in a while).

I pay $37.90/month for my 4Mbit/s cable connection with 20Gb d/l and 10Gb u/l limit.

but I could pay more to get the Extreme program my ISP offers, 4,5Mbit/s and no limitis for $59.95/month but it's not worth it for me.

I'm with kte01, limits sucks. I pay from my DSL connection about 58 ?/month (1Mb D, 512Mb U). If I had so strict limitations I could only surf a week or so. Best weeks overall bandwidth use is around 20-30 GB, 70% of that is from uploading. Like yesterday I only seeded Vipers torrents and end of the day result was 1,3GB. So I would be in deep shit if had a limited bandwidth :) .

Thanks for seeding. :D