Barack informs Australia he's coming late... via Twitter...

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
KEVIN Rudd's dreams of hosting an Obama family holiday have been dashed as the US President revealed via Twitter that his wife and children had pulled out of a much-anticipated trip to Australia.

And Barack Obama has left open the possibility of cancelling the trip altogether - including an historic address to the Federal Parliament.

Mr Obama has been forced to delay the visit to shore up support for his proposed health reforms.

The President has his own busy Twitter account but he left it to White House aide Robert Gibbs to reveal the change of plans on the social networking site.

"The President will delay leaving for Indonesia and Australia - will now leave Sunday - the First Lady and girls will not be on the trip," the message read.

http://www.news.com.au/national/barack-obama-delays-visit-to-australia/story-e6frfkvr-1225840409744

Dont' care so much about the possibility of Barack not coming but publishing it via Twitter hardly seems like the appropriate avanue.

Mind you, he wasn't to be outdone by mr 1up

"He has health reform on his agenda on Washington. We have health and hospitals reform on our agenda here in Australia. He has a thing called a troublesome Senate.

"I have a troublesome Senate as well.

"There are a few similarities here."

Troublesome because they don't pass everything he says no questions asked? hmm...

And the point of this having its own thread is what exactly? I don't see what the big deal is, its not like the Australian government was first informed of this via twitter.

And the point of this having its own thread is what exactly? I don't see what the big deal is, its not like the Australian government was first informed of this via twitter.

I'm more commenting on Kev and him complaining about the senate but the title was more sexy :p

Made up quote from Vienna, 1914:

"Did you hear? The Emperor declared war on Serbia via the telegraph! What an utter disgrace, war is declared on paper. Where is this world going?!"

Text message is better.

HI SADM. JUS DCLRD WOR ON U. GNA DROP DA BOMB! LOL! LUV W xx

"So Obama appointed a czar yesterday. I looked up "czar" in the dictionary, and it's actually some sort of king! From Russia.."

*winks eyes*