Battle of trackday superiority! Which would you punish around the track?

Battle of trackday superiority! Which would you punish around the track?

• Total voters
I would choose something cheap and slow, that way I won't die/go broke when I crash.

Same here. I'd go with something like a BMW 318is (e30), a non-turbo RX-7, or Miata. Likely I'd go with the RX-7. With a proper rebuild and very basic mods, it'll practically never break.

Yeh but you have to take a step up eventually. I couldn't stand driving the same car for 10 years track wise.

I chose the F430, but If I had to choose a track car other than those 3, it would probably be an Exige or a TVR.

I think the Ferrari is the better looking of the 3, and would be a blast around a track. The Lambo has the most "bling" factor, but that's about it for me. But if I had to choose based on which I would rather have just for the track, it's the Porsche for me. Awesome handling, and surely more reliable than the Italians.

GT2 for sure!

What kind of track are we talking about here? Something smooth like Laguna - Ferrari. Twisty, rough, with elevation changes - Porsche. If I was looking outside those listed - GT3RS. Contrary to what someone else said, it would spank the GT2 and hand Fiorano's finest back in overpriced Rosso chunks.

Why is the GT2 up there? It's not even a track oriented car, it's just a blazing fast 911. Buttttt I'd go for the F430.

Errr.....its a GT3 with a couple of turbos strapped on. Hence if the GT3 is a track orientated car, so is the GT2. You must be thinking of the Turbo.

Since this poll is about a car for the track - I voted for the Ferrari. I'm mightily convinced after seeing Tiff Needle's review of it on Fifth Gear.

I can't put into words how good I think the Porsche is and it would be painful to not have a go in one if I'm already lucky enough to have the Ferrari at my disposal.

To live with on a day to day basis, I'd have a regular F430 Spyder in red please :love:

I'd have the F430 Scuderia. Faster than the Enzo around Ferraris test track really says it all =) I am more a Ferrari man than a Porsche man, that has a say in it too.. :)

Depends on the track...

If it's a smooth, short, tight and twisty track the Ferrari will might have the edge. If it's an open track with a rough surface, lots of elevation chages and long uphill sections, like the Nordschleife the GT2 will have the edge. The GT2 has a very strong chassis, underpinnings and suspension parts, whereas Ferraris are known to be a bit fragile, also the GT2 has about 50% more torque, which toghether with the rear engine and the low point of gravity will pay dividence out of the corners. Like pointed out earlier in this tread: 7:31 for the GT2 speaks volumes...

The Gallardo will need a soaking wet track to get an advantage from the 4wd system.

Yeh but you have to take a step up eventually. I couldn't stand driving the same car for 10 years track wise.

Thats why you go for some aftermarket parts :p Or upgraded to an FD rx-7 (with "reliability" mods) :D

Why is the GT2 up there? It's not even a track oriented car, it's just a blazing fast 911. Buttttt I'd go for the F430.

I thought it also had the 4wd system removed. I was always given the impression it was the more hardcore (read: racer oriented) version of the turbo.

oops!

I thought it kept the Turbo's AWD system. I take it back. ALL HAIL THE GT2!!!

There's something about the GT3 that I like more though, just seems more raw.

Based on my experience driving the 360CS, I'm going with the 430. Gotta love friends who let you track their toys for them :)

Steve

I did choose the GT2 and stay by my choice, anyways here's Autocar's new review of the F430 Scuderia, the engine sounds fantastic, in real life it must just be heaven.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A12_sIup1nY[/youtube]
here's my pick the GT2 again by Autocar
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=uaC14q6Z8S4[/youtube]

GT2

I love Ferrari, but I have always been a Porsche lover. GT2 for the track, F430 for drives on the highway.

GT3 RS, or an E30 M3, or a 190E Cosworth.

exactly what I was thinking...

if I had to choose between the three cars above it would be the GT2, but if I was buying a car for having fun on the track (and I don?t care which particularly scientific sort of track you people want to talk about), and I had all the money in the world, I would still go for a GT3RS... probably an orange one :mrgreen:

but for now I?m quite satisfied with my little MINI... <3