Game: Battlefield 1

Just got invited to the closed alpha, won't break NDA but it will be interesting to see how DICE LA are doing it given their saving of BF4, CTE and such, looking forward to it

I've been playing the open beta for a couple days. I like it much better than BF4 personally. Also riding a horse through a poison gas cloud and emerging on the other side to see a building crumble and two guys battling with bayonets is pretty cool.

I can't seem to hit anything, don't see anything in the dust, I hit people with the sniper, they don't die, but vice versa it's the case. I feel sooo bad in this game, yet I was good at BF4 and very, very good in BF3. :(

I've been playing it as well and I really love it! It's been about 2 years since I've played a Battlefield game so it's good to be back at it again.

I hope the final version is good so I can buy it. :)

So, who's getting this?

I can understand why some people, even the "veterans" who've played since 1942/Vietnam/BF2 say this is the best Battlefield yet. WTF was DICE doing with BF3 and BF4 (though I love BF3) - this game is fantastic. It's seriously good and well thought out.

I'm not sold on it and I had a lot of fun with most of the last bf games.. but this just looks not that much of a change to me to get yet another one.. the bolt semi auto Close quarters game play looks nice, but the other stuff with all full auto guns just feels like the usual repetitive reskin. But maybe I'll change my mind once I tried it :)

Seems my reservations about how seriously they'd take this theme were well founded... seemingly the single player campaign is all about being a super soldier who runs around in full body metal armor, an invincible pilot who in a single mission destroys more enemy planes than the Red Baron did in his whole career while shooting rockets at AA trucks, indestructible tank driver...

Obviously the meat of this is the multiplayer but still, if you're gonna do a single player, do it right.

Seems my reservations about how seriously they'd take this theme were well founded... seemingly the single player campaign is all about being a super soldier who runs around in full body metal armor, an invincible pilot who in a single mission destroys more enemy planes than the Red Baron did in his whole career while shooting rockets at AA trucks, indestructible tank driver...

Obviously the meat of this is the multiplayer but still, if you're gonna do a single player, do it right.

Good video, to really play up the whole war is hell theme, and try and humanise the participants, then have you basically running around like Wolfenstein seems a bit counter intuitive.

It looks beautiful though and runs pretty well on my system! It's the first BF game I've played in ages having never really gotten into the series since 1942 soI'm still feeling my way around multiplayer. I love WWI aircraft so my aim is to spend some time on that.

So how are the early adopters liking it a few weeks in? Especially compared to BF3 or 4.

I picked it up for the XbOne. It's fun, but it plays like a WW2 game. The dynamic destruction is nice. The load times are not.

[video=youtube;P_-Ea2uIsl0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_-Ea2uIsl0[/video]