Battlefield 3

Cold Fussion

A small island off the coast of New Zealand
Car(s)
1988 Ford Laser Ghia
You can have any number of bots you want, though the commander could only control 127 bots max, though the game stops rendering nametags beyond 64 players. I'm sure the demo had more than 64 though.

jmsprovan

Didn't the BF2 demo have 128 player support?

the engine had the capability of going up to 256 players and some maps even had 128 player sizes, but the server technology at the time just couldn't handle that many players at once with any sort of stability.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG

JohnnyRacer

In other words, COD is now for children. :lol: I will still play. But we already know BF3 will be better.

TerranCmdr

Car(s)
'09 Corolla
The problem is COD doesn't look any different from the previous iteration. BF3 looks miles better than anything out right now.

Pininfarina_

Car(s)
E46
See, I always thought of the two games to be very different from each other and incomparable.

I think of COD as an easy-to-pick-up, easy-to-play kind of game whereas BF (in general) as a detailed, hard-to-learn but very immersive kind of game for the more serious gamer.

Because COD is shallower and pays less attention to detail (since the people playing it could care less that their new game engine uses OOO NEXT GEN RADIOSITY), it can be more gimmicky and include things like killstreaks.

People playing BF3 wouldn't like bullshit stuff like the chopper gunner.

MadCat360

Forum Addict
Car(s)
*Carless* Waaahhh
Or it could be that CoD is primarily a console game whereas BF's focus has always been PC.

Yes I know both started on the PC but CoD made the console jump more of a focus.

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
I play COD with mates because it's easy to pickup and play, seriously people need to get a life if it bothers them what other people play

JohnnyRacer

I play COD with mates because it's easy to pickup and play, seriously people need to get a life if it bothers them what other people play

Now that I can agree with 100% I will never understand why are so concerned about what others are entertained by. Some go so far to judge that person overall for their choice. As I've said time and time again, I will play both. As I think a lot of people will.

PelicanHazard

Car(s)
'13 Dart 1.4T mtx, '03 Ranger, '20 KTM 390 Duke
Now that I can agree with 100% I will never understand why are so concerned about what others are entertained by. Some go so far to judge that person overall for their choice. As I've said time and time again, I will play both. As I think a lot of people will.

I will, too. CoD to wrap up the MW storyline, BF3 to finally make good use of the computer I built and then more or less ignored.

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
The tank video...it's...it's just incredible.

Ramseus

Have you been high today?
Last edited:

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
just realised how much better flash videos are under windows 7.... GPU accelerated and sod all CPU time. on Mac OSX a flash vid eats a lot more.

New computer time!!! weeeeeeeee...... I wish I could leave Mac for day to day stuff... then I could sell this iMac and just make a nice windows box.