Battlefield 3

Jimmy Fallon on Thursday, someone from EA or Dice is going to be on and they're debuting the console version. Also:

What!?

The tank gameplay is from PC while the shorter trailers are console.

In the closed door press conference, they showed all PC, PS3, and Xbox versions. The MP was also playable. From what I've heard, while the PC will always look better, the console version looks really good.

And Kotick can suck it. The COD games are running on an engine that is what, 4 years old now? Frostbite 2 is an amazing engine.

Last edited:
I don't even know where he gets off. They don't want to "develop" a new engine for COD because it would take too much time and money. By develop they mean license. And by too much money they mean they would need to hire more developers to keep the same rate of one game a year without outdated art and tech. Because a billion dollars is simply not enough money. That's barely even enough money to keep their utilities on! Pfft, destruction 3.0 is a total gimmick, nobody's going to go for it, bullet penetration is obviously where it's at.

Thunder Run is clearly PC, they showed the guy playing it on a computer. He had a BF3 mousepad. Was anything they released publicly on a console? The quick choppy cut M?tro trailer perhaps?

Last edited:
I haven't read the link, but it is bullshit if pre-ordering gives you guns that are never available to those who don't (as opposed to just unlocking them early). Each gun acts differently and who's to say the pre-order gun won't be better?

Last edited:
I haven't read the link, but it is bullshit if pre-ordering gives you guns that are never available to those who don't (as opposed to just unlocking them early). Each gun acts differently and who's to say the pre-order gun won't be better?

As jm and I said, they are likely just a reskin. Besides, who the hell ISN'T pre-ordering it? By the time the people ,who didn't preorder, get into the game, they will be playing against people who have unlocked the better weapons anyway.

Last edited:
As jm and I said, they are likely just a reskin. Besides, who the hell ISN'T pre-ordering it? By the time the people ,who didn't preorder, get into the game, they will be playing against people who have unlocked the better weapons anyway.

I haven't pre-ordered it yet, but only because it's not on Steam yet. :(

I can't imagine them not having it soon. They've never dropped the ball like that. Soon, I'm sure.

Q: Is the Back to Karkand expansion pack exclusive to pre-orders?
A: No. You can also buy it separately if you do not pre-order Battlefield 3. Back to Karkand will be available the exact same date after the launch of Battlefield 3 no matter if you pre-ordered or buy it separately.

Q: When will the Back to Karkand expansion pack be released?
A: We have not yet announced the Back to Karkand expansion pack release date.

Hahaha. Ok.

Hahaha. Ok.

wait wait...
they're not asying you can play BtK with the limited edition straight away, they only say you have access to it. so you can buy it as soon as it unlocks for limited edtition peeps, which is not necessarily at launch. so they really haven't announced a date.

The only real problem with digital distribution is there are too many platforms. And EA is just making it worse.

I might go ahead and get a hard copy to go alongside BF1942 and BF2. This game is a bit of a monument in my gaming career.