Battlefield 3

.44s are awesome though! I run around with a .44 all the time in conquest!

yes, they are quite good, i use a scoped 44, its a good pistol in cq, not in gunmaster or domination where hardly anyone stops moving, especially not in gunmaster

People can move all they want, imo, they can't move faster than a .44 magnum round fired at their face from five metres.

*bang* +100 enemy killed; +10 headshot

Use it like a shotgun, not a pistol, you'll kill more.

the main problem with gunmaster is the selection of weapons imo. its just boring to play the same stuff over and over and over again. just define some categories from which to randomly pick the weapon to play in every round and we have a winner! stick with the knife ofc.
also, haven't thought much about going through the weapons in the opposite direction, but yeah, i'd support that!

I am kinda having trouble completing certain things...

- arm 10 mcoms
I never ever play rush, and when I do, I have a hard time getting to the freakin thing to arm it, because either somebody else is faster (good team), or we're not even close (bad team)

- get at least 1! mcom defender ribbon (defend 4 in a round)
See above :D

- Location Scout
Srsly? Not just that I dislike (and am a bad) sniper, but its gotta be this piece of crap? 50 kills and 25 headshots with the L96.. yay.. looking forward to working on that.. Oh at least this can now be combined with the CQ-sniper-assignment (get 50 sniper kills)

Is it just me or are these harder to get than the rest of the bunch? :D

I am kinda having trouble completing certain things...

- arm 10 mcoms
I never ever play rush, and when I do, I have a hard time getting to the freakin thing to arm it, because either somebody else is faster (good team), or we're not even close (bad team)

- get at least 1! mcom defender ribbon (defend 4 in a round)
See above :D

- Location Scout
Srsly? Not just that I dislike (and am a bad) sniper, but its gotta be this piece of crap? 50 kills and 25 headshots with the L96.. yay.. looking forward to working on that.. Oh at least this can now be combined with the CQ-sniper-assignment (get 50 sniper kills)

Is it just me or are these harder to get than the rest of the bunch? :D

Depends on how you play. The MCOM assignments suck, but for the L96, I stuck a holo sight on it and then lagged just a bit behind my squad in TDM. I didn't take the brunt of the fire but was still close enough that the L96 is a one-hit body kill. The headshots were more luck than aim.

I tried half a round of conquest with the L96.. I ended up getting a shitload of kill-assists (preferably 85-99) because it did NOT 1-hit-kill.. might find myself a nice hc-server where it definately kills the people. I also hate the mechanics of bolt actions and zooming in bf. You fire with while zoomed, and unless you release the fucking zoom it will NOT automatically reload. Annoys the hell out of me.

eventually you unlock the straight pull bolt which lets you reload without removing zoom, but by that point youd have the achievement :lol:

I won in gunmaster finally \o/ got the M5K, have yet to try it out. just two or three assignments left.

the main problem with gunmaster is the selection of weapons imo. its just boring to play the same stuff over and over and over again. just define some categories from which to randomly pick the weapon to play in every round and we have a winner! stick with the knife ofc.
also, haven't thought much about going through the weapons in the opposite direction, but yeah, i'd support that!

some people clearly don't when you see them with like 70+ service awards for one gun and they're no higher level than me

Damn that EOD kill is hard. That thing just has no logic or reason to it's movements.

find either a sniper or a tank/ifv already busy fighting someone else. My bot kill killed me too because I was already right beside a btr, then I pulled out the robot and torched it. The explosion killed the driver, my robot, and me. i r smrt.

and by the way, people who hate certain actions in the game, just because the assignments are there doesn't mean that you have to complete them. Why force yourself to snipe for sniper unlocks that you'll never even use, bro?

Also I finally service starred the scout helos on the public 2xp weekend. OP AS HELL! ECMs, laser painting, guided missiles, and miniguns. Get some engis hanging out the doors and nothing is safe from you. Rape the other scout helos, since hardly anyone has ECM. Not quite rape on attack helos, but at least an easy disable if you get in range for guns and you do have a window while the pilot's ecm is recharging. Rape planes, since jet ECMs suck and rarely ever distract heat seekers so everyone just uses flares. Rape everything on the ground... unless you fly in too low and get shot out by LMG fire... In short: rape all the things. omg.

Just a shame that the scouties are only on Damavand, Noshar rush/cq small, and Kharg cq. Kharg cq for the win! Damavand conquest usually has slim pickins for the birds since everyone's always under the mountain, on rush I always just get shot out immediately, rofl. Noshar conquest small is meh as a map and the 2v1 air support is definitely lame (yeh yeah, russia gets a lot tanks and they usually blast the idiot little bird pilots... like me...). And apparently they added a lil bird to Sharqi rush but I haven't played B2K rush since forever so I don't know about that.

^ The scout helis are far from OP. Yeah, engi repairing make it a tough little thing, but everyone is fairly exposed, and they can most definitely be held at bay and killed with a minimum of teamwork.

On Kharg, largely by myself, I held the Little Bird at bay with an Igla launcher until a jet managed to kill the repairing engi, then it was bye bye birdie.

It doesn't happen more often because people don't equip the Stigla because the chances of a one-on-one kill are low, so they'd rather try and get an RPG instakill, which is even harder because a half-competent pilot keeps enough distance to make the hit a matter of luck.

Other things that can take down a scout heli (that I've personally used):
A jet.
A tank with canister shells and IR smoke.
The machine gun on a Growler/VDV buggy.
The mobile AA with IR smoke and AA missiles.
Stalking it with a Stigla waiting for it to fire off flares/ECM in response to a teammate.
Shooting the pilot out (lucky, I admit).

Other things that can take down a scout heli (that I've personally used):
A jet.
A tank with canister shells and IR smoke.
The machine gun on a Growler/VDV buggy.
The mobile AA with IR smoke and AA missiles.
Stalking it with a Stigla waiting for it to fire off flares/ECM in response to a teammate.
Shooting the pilot out (lucky, I admit).

Lets have a look, what of these I have done:
With a jet - well, I rammed a chopper out of the sky, does that count?
With a tank - so often, stopped counting :D
With a jeep-gun - at least a couple of times I got the pilot this way (suddenly heli -> *drop*
With mobile AA - way too often
With Igla - Exactly! Wait for him to flare and THEN fire! :D
With MG - My favourite way! Done so often, Scout, Attack Chopper, I don't give a flying fuck, I will keep shoting pilots inside :D

shooting pilots out of the scout is way easy, i managed it with a pistol more than once

and by the way, people who hate certain actions in the game, just because the assignments are there doesn't mean that you have to complete them. Why force yourself to snipe for sniper unlocks that you'll never even use, bro?
Sure, I am just a bit of a completionist. Besides all the other assignments were pretty easy and I ended up having fun doing them, including using L96 and even playing those SQDM rounds. I will eventually end up doing the EOD bot thing too, but it's just silly how crap it is and it's hard to think of a situation where it would be useful even considering other things apart from killing people with it.

haha, yeah eod bot is so useless. I'm sure they expected people to use it to repair tanks from safety... but you're not going to be sitting in a quiet room waiting for tanks to come by, you're going to be sitting in the turret until your driver takes damage then hopping out. And sure, you can arm m-coms with it, but if the other team's paying any attention they'll just destroy you're little robot. Such a POS, but in a funny way. :lol: Bugging people with thet MAV is fun though, because that thing's actually maneuvreable.

Like I said though, just find a sniper or a vehicle that's sitting still fighting someone else and you'll get that kill. ;)

Unrelated, I tried to troll a sniper (on top of the Oman towers) yesterday asking him what was green and black, then some other guy just comes and shoots me in the back. Snipebro was paying no attention to any of it.