Battlefield 3

Well then. I'll play in the morning.

I expect much success from the SPAS.

edit: 2000th post!

Close Quarters is out. Join me on Mumble. :)

I'm still unable to buy the CQ :(.

Edit: Just realised I have to wait two more weeks...

Last edited:
Or buy Premium :D

@Viper: I sure can join mumble, but as I'm at work, I wonder how my co-workers would react to me suddenly speaking english :p

damned large download 3 gb for four maps? why didnt they just give the option with the patch to preload :/

Or buy Premium :D

@Viper: I sure can join mumble, but as I'm at work, I wonder how my co-workers would react to me suddenly speaking english :p

Do it! Then let us hear. :D

Close Quarters is better than I thought it would be, a nice change of place. I'm excited to play it more tonight

HOLY SHIT IT'S TERRIBLE

It's not battlefield. It's a COD clone at BEST.

I'm pretty sure the spawns were done by the same person that was responsible for MW3's spawns.

Last edited:
FYI:

Double XP event this weekend!

What: Double XP event to celebrate the launch of Battlefield 3: Close Quarters
When: 00:01 AM PDT June 16th ? 11:59 PM PDT June 17th
Formats: All
Criteria: All players, both Premium and non-Premium members
Servers: Any ranked server
Game modes: Any
Maps: Any (including base game, Back to Karkand, and Close Quarters)
What: Double everything!

Wait! What time does the event start where I live?
Consult this handy chart!
Los Angeles: 00:01 June 16
London: 8:01 AM June 16
Stockholm: 9:01 AM June 16
Tokyo: 4:01 PM June 16

So far: I like the maps mostly, haven't played them all, scrapmetal is still somewhat confusing. Love the villa and the office. TDM is - imo - just a big mess. Conquest Domination rocks, fast action, still random spawn, but not completely a random mess. Gun Game.. played 3 in a row.. usually ended up around level 7-9 when it was over. Sure "gives you" the opportunity (or forces you) to play weapons you'd never use otherwise.

It tends to escalate into a shotgun-war sometimes :D. But last map I had a guy everybody hated. He just ran around planting claymores..

Conquest Domination is fun.

24 players seems optimal on them. Just don't join one of those 64 player servers, that must be some horrible clusterfuck. :p

I missed this earlier. Stuff about the close quarters FX. AKA awesomeness.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/05/inside-dice-close-quarters-vfx/

and if you want to skip clicking on that link here's a video from if of the epic effects from randomly shooting around rooms.

If you're not premium yet: get it, bro. It's awesome. It's insane and intense. And for the record 32 players is pushing it already, it's designed for 16, luckily there only seems to be a handful of servers with more than 32 slots right now.

And I don't like that Gun Master has a Jackhammer with frag rounds. Frags suck, buck all the way.

Last edited: