Battlefield 3

Conquest Domination is amazingly fun, as is running around with a DAO-12. PEW PEW PEW!

32 seems the right size to me, maybe 24, but certainly not 48 or 64.

Gunmaster is alright but I have a hard time finding people. :lol:

As for random spawn, yeah that can be a bit crazy. CQ is totally about your squad -- spawn and work with them!

how about some admin status for some of the FG peoples, keep people in line (and priority access) :eek: i'd rather play with fg against fg than most

also, gunmaster is terrible if you join in the middle, no way you can catch up, so any server you join, make sure you join a new game

i've found the AS VAL to be particularly good at CQ with the extended mag, everything else felt off for me, havent tried the DAO yet with those maps

how about some admin status for some of the FG peoples, keep people in line (and priority access) :eek: i'd rather play with fg against fg than most

also, gunmaster is terrible if you join in the middle, no way you can catch up, so any server you join, make sure you join a new game

i've found the AS VAL to be particularly good at CQ with the extended mag, everything else felt off for me, havent tried the DAO yet with those maps

Will do, but I need to set it up. Just be around battlelog and mumble and hit me up. :)

Please join our CQ Server:

Multiplay :: Careless Air 24/7 CQ [CaRL]

Last edited:
Played some of CQ. It is insane at times (edit, all the time). Conquest Domination is great, on each of the maps with 24/32 people it feels great. Defending certain choke points work and the destruction and weapons all combine really nicely.

Ziba Tower, nice and compact, looks great
Steelworks, such a cool map, I've always loved rustic industrial looking places so this suits me well
Operations xxx, Similar to Ziba, but more open and more office space with lots of corridors, great fun
Donya Fortress, a confusing maze at times, I think 32/48 suits this map more. I don't dare try 64 just yet.

I played 2 games of gun master and then took a break, I needed it, its that tense. Both times I was in the lead for most of the match. First time, I lost because I was stuck on the LVG, whilst the next guy 4 levels behind caught up and got ahead and won. Second time, I managed to trap someone with the LVG and i got a level ahead to the knife. Saw someone round the corner on the map, ran up behind and sweet sweet victory.
Gun master is very similar to a CoD mode I saw on youtube a while ago (just an observation). I dont play CoD anymore.

I havn't played TDM on CQ maps yet, I'll probably avoid it for a little while, just learn the maps more first. And I sneaked off to a Firestorm server to try out the new sniper rifle...

Hopefully I'll catch some of you guys on the Battlefield soon.

After playing for a much-extended time with a squad of friends, I can say that I like 2/4 of the CQ maps, with 16/24/32 players. 32 is a bit much, 16 a bit thin.

I'm taking the server down for the time being. I need to go through some scripts and settings to make it right. :)

Will do, but I need to set it up. Just be around battlelog and mumble and hit me up. :)

faved it, but i got no mumble setup right now, trying not to lag down even more, especially if its an american server. How does the server side stuff run, separate client and all that?

Right now I'm using procon for all the plugins. There's also a web based client from the host called clanforge, but I'm not sure there are a lot of scripts available atm.. :(

I played 2 games of gun master and then took a break, I needed it, its that tense. Both times I was in the lead for most of the match. First time, I lost because I was stuck on the LVG, whilst the next guy 4 levels behind caught up and got ahead and won. Second time, I managed to trap someone with the LVG and i got a level ahead to the knife. Saw someone round the corner on the map, ran up behind and sweet sweet victory.
Gun master is very similar to a CoD mode I saw on youtube a while ago (just an observation). I dont play CoD anymore.

CoD Black Ops introduced a very similar game type, except no teams and it only took one kill with a weapon to advance so knifing someone resulted in them dropping a level instead of losing a kill.

But that in turn was based on the gun game from Counter Strike.

And woot a FG server! Will add and play. If I get a good-paying job, I might splurge for a 64p server for us as well.

Last edited:
Will add the server when @ home. Where is it located (east-/westcoast)? Hope I'll have a fairly decent ping there :D

East. It should be ok for the Euro's as well. Also if we can get enough interest we can always upgrade to more slots (change game mods) down the road. The server is paid for until 9/16/12.

Last edited:
Man, I see a Premium purchase in my near future. Especially since the gf will be gone for a couple hours tonight...