Battlefield 4

Preloading while im in europe and have fast speeds, will just copy over and repair install on home rig, more than half done already :D

Preloading while at work. Can't wait to have a go.

Gotta love Jack

Nobody here?

I just played with my friends for 4 hours straight and had several BF moments... got up the elevator, 7 enemies who weren't looking at me - got them all. In the tank, one hit four kills. RPG on attack chopper? Check.

Gonna go fap some more now.

2 full rounds later:

I like:
- the feel, bf3 just better! (movement feels less sluggish imo)
- the graphics
- the sounds
- the fact that its still mostly averaging 60fps on the ultra-preset it selected with my hardware :D

I don't like:
- the ingame-voip-crap, instantly disabled the first time I suddenly heard russian in a CN - US match.. :blink:
- the killcam seems to give away quite a lot, but will probably be off on most servers anyway

So far all signs are on BUY! :D

Last edited:
If only I didn't have exams, and well so much work I'd love to play.. I guess I'll probably play by Christmas break :lol:

Definitely happy for my preorder now. It's BF3+.

Gun handling is much the same, the hit marker seems more... optimistic, however. Seems to take a lot more hit markers to kill someone than bf3.

Got a good round in the Viper. 20-0, ended up 33-7.

I'm in Houston, so playing on my laptop w/ GTX765M (High, no AA/HBAO, 40-50fps) and tethered to my Galaxy S4 on LTE. Works great. Under 60 ping.

Last edited:
It's pretty crashy and stuff. But awesome. Can't wait to get the full game.

Oh yeah on the "crashy" bit: While I played yesterday, it tried to tell me "BF4 crashed and stopped working, do you want to terminate it?" But it just popped that up, threw me into windows mode, I just ignored the fucker and turned back to fullscreen and kept playing for 30 more minutes :D. So yeah.. it just thought it'd crashed, but it actually didnt ;). But afterwards my chrome was broken.. no scrollwheel and yt didn't work until I restarted chrome.

To really sum up my thoughts: This game mostly feels better than BF3 (all the bugs aside). I think the tank handling needs adjustment (feel like hover tanks) but otherwise it all feels better. Not convinced I'll buy it on launch, but we'll see.

[video=youtube;dtND7-Dj6cw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtND7-Dj6cw[/video]

Yup, you can do nice things with it

[video=youtube;1-FP-rVIvHM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-FP-rVIvHM[/video]

Anyone else getting issues with intermittent repeating or refusing of keyboard/mouse commands?

For example: I took off in the Viper, pressed a to swing around, and it began to rapidly spin in circles for a few seconds until the game decided to accept input again.

Same with mouse, sometimes. Jumpy and not smooth, or won't accept at all.

Anyone else getting issues with intermittent repeating or refusing of keyboard/mouse commands?

For example: I took off in the Viper, pressed a to swing around, and it began to rapidly spin in circles for a few seconds until the game decided to accept input again.

Same with mouse, sometimes. Jumpy and not smooth, or won't accept at all.

Figured out it was probably my mouse dying. Will report if issues continue.

Credit card billing cycle rolled over, so budgeted for / bought BF4 + Premium!

Went with the Standard Edition because I decided to go for Premium from the get-go, so I see no point spending another $10 for the BF3 shortcut bundle (everything I needed has been long unlocked). The battlepacks looks like they might include weapon attachments, so that might come back and haunt me, but that's a risk I'm gonna have to take.

As for Premium to start, considering how many servers basically run all expansions and are set as Premium only in BF3, that's $50 that is gonna get spent sooner or later anyways. I tried holding out in BF3, but really needed Close Quarters for the SPAS-12 and M417, despite not interested in those CQ maps at all.... So, just gonna spend it then be done with it for 2 years (hopefully).

See you guys at the end of the month! I'm gonna do DMR all-class (prefer using the same weapon for all-class so I get really used to it), Holosight + Magnifier (exact same setup as my paintball marker, EOTech 517.A65 + EOTech G33.STS), Heavy Barrel, whatever grip that offer first-shot accuracy (which sounds like will be the Angled Grip).