Battlefield 4

Just a heads up: The game has leaked on PS3 and Xbox360. Beware of singleplayer spoilers (and multiplayer I guess). At the same time, if you are curious, that stuff is out there so take a look.

Gonna avoid the internet then, so that epic story is not gonna be spoiled. :D

Seriously though, from what I've read it's much improved over last time.

Despite the video being funny, I must project my hate towards the cancerous youtuber that is Shibby.

Never have I seen so many people follow a person with so much shitty content.

ermagherd

So Australia gets to play 2 days later than the U.S

Fuck you E.A

All times are listed in local time respective toward the region.
East and Central Asia
Pre-load: At least 24 hours before launch
Game Launch: Oct 29 at 12:01AM KST
North and South America
Game Launch: Oct 29 at 12:01AM EDT
Note: Latin American pre-orders, excluding those in Brazil and Mexico, will be available for pre-load beginning Oct 28 at 4:00AM PDT.
Russia
Game Launch: Oct 29 at 12:01AM MSK
Australia
Game Launch: Oct 31 at 12:01AM AEDT
European Union
Game Launch: Oct 31 at 12:01AM CET
New Zealand
Game Launch: Nov 1 at 12:01AM NZDT
India
Game Launch: Nov 1 at 12:01AM IST
South Africa
Game Launch: Nov 1 at 12:01AM SAST
United Kingdom, Ireland, Portugal
Game Launch: Nov 1 at 12:01AM GMT
Japan
Game Launch: Nov 7 at 12:01AM JST

Just use a US-based VPN to launch the game and you can play single player

Nono, let him whine.

Last edited:
All of Europe gets it later, that's why EA is rated as the worst american company ... nothing else to expect.

Already saw some livestreams, maps seem to be pretty good. Jackfrags created two playlists (1,2) consisting of relatively short videos with all the maps on Xbone and PS4, if someone wants to see them.

One of my buddies already got a working VPN, might play the single player till it comes out officially here on 31st.

Last edited:
Singleplayer is enjoyable. Performance is perfect in eyefinity @ ultra with no AA. (7970 + 7950.. stupid microcenter get 290Xs in stock) Snuck two hours in this afternoon.

Played Multi for 4 hours last night, the Flood Zone map is awesome

Grinded Recon for almost 3hrs last night in order to unlock the Designated Marksman Rifles for use for all classes. The starting bolt-action rifle + iron sights (I hate scope glint) + CQB combat = no fun at all :(

Also, for NVIDIA users, make sure you download the Game Ready Driver. Otherwise you will get flickering disco-coloured textures on some panels. So, imagine dealing with that on top of what I described above. No bueno :(

Despite the 100-damage up to 12m according to Symthic, I don't think I ever won a heads-up 1v1 CQB fight against AK-12s and even PDWs, unless it was by a BS lucky headshot. Even sneaking up behind a squad is no guarantee to get a kill; I often found myself just switching to pistol to finish people off. At the end of the night, out of the 32 kills I made as a Recon on foot, the P226 pistol accounted for 2 more kills than the 100-damage rifle :p Some of those, I bet, were even the "kill assist counts as kill" ones.

Anyways, I don't know how those BF3 M40A3 "aggressive recons" do it, but I got what I needed so I'm glad that's over with. Ended up just capping flags on foot and throwing motion sensors everywhere :cool: Now I can go back to playing "whichever class will help the squad," mostly as a combat medic.

Looks like no more platoons in BF4, but I will still rock the [FG] tag if that's what we're doing.

Videos have landed on the web showing the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Battlefield 4, confirming that the PS4 version does indeed run at a resolution of 1600?900, while the Xbox One version is just 1280?720. Digital Foundry confirm that?s a fifty percent increase in pixels overall, which is quite huge.

It?s clear that the PS4 version is better here, though they?re reporting that the software-based upscaling to 1080p leaves the PS4 version with a less crisp looking game, though one with better anti-aliasing

The video below, again from Digital Foundry, shows the difference between the versions. It?s not huge from what we?ve seen, but the Xbox One version takes hits in the form of resolution and framerate.

Yes PC is amazeballs etc etc... but mainly, Fuck you Xbox.

After having played the whole evening ... I want the BF4 beta back.

Way to many vehicles, I seem to die a lot faster than in BF3 and BF4 beta (why?) and BF4 seems to have (at least imo) more launch bugs than BF3 had back in the day... I'm somehow disappointed.

Also - 99% server = instant vehicle spawn.

Man, some people are never happy...

Sorry, but if a team has four tanks, two scout helis, an attack heli, a transport heli and two LAVs it's not fun anymore...
It just felt so much more balanced in the beta. Now, you can't run around as infantery on most of the maps.
Oh and I just went 20-4 with the scout heli on Floodzone. This thing could possbibly be OP, so manouverable, so fast, such good guns, yet so invulnerable.

And I'm not the only one saying all the things from above ...

Have you played it, Redliner? I guess not

Last edited:
Played a few hours of single player last night. So happy that it runs better than the beta. That had me worried for a while. I can play at 2560x1600 on all high at 60 FPS, or ultra at ~40 FPS.

Sorry, but if a team has four tanks, two scout helis, an attack heli, a transport heli and two LAVs it's not fun anymore...
It just felt so much more balanced in the beta. Now, you can't run around as infantery on most of the maps.
Oh and I just went 20-4 with the scout heli on Floodzone. This thing could possbibly be OP, so manouverable, so fast, such good guns, yet so invulnerable.

And I'm not the only one saying all the things from above ...

Have you played it, Redliner? I guess not

Well BF has always emphasized vehicular combat...

Played a few hours of single player last night. So happy that it runs better than the beta. That had me worried for a while. I can play at 2560x1600 on all high at 60 FPS, or ultra at ~40 FPS.

Multiplayer runs worse and like shit. It doesn't look as good as single player either.

I have nearly the best video card on the market (GTX 780) and it can't play this game at more than 40-50 FPS even on low?

That doesn't seem right. Haven't been able to try myself, but people are getting much better performance than during the beta.